Welcome John Mayer

Hello John! HUGE fan! Welcome!

I was flipping through my personal bank this morning and came across a preset called Heavier Things. It was a really nice, full Twin Reverb tone. No scenes. Sounded fantastic with my Silver Sky. I think I had intended to try and figure out the rhythmic phaser stuff for Bigger Than My Body with this preset but I got distracted doing other things.

Well, a few hours later and that really nice Twin tone became the base for a big, old John Mayer tone preset. I give you: [iaresee] As/Is!

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9093

Loads of ¡whaaapoosh! to go around on this one. A bunch of tones not based on anything super specific. It was dialed in with a Silver Sky while I monitored, pretty loud, on my XiTone MBritt with the back panel off. Might sound a little thin on a non-XiTone rig -- that thing tends to be bass-heavy in my experience.

Enjoy!

(Sorry, I didn't get to dissecting that Bigger Than My Body Adrena-Linn sound. Maybe some other day...)
@javajunkie and I traded a Bigger Than My Body preset back and forth tweaking a few years back during the II days. I could be compelled to port it and see what improvements could be made. It was pretty great at the time.

@javajunkie and I traded a Bigger Than My Body preset back and forth tweaking a few years back during the II days. I could be compelled to port it and see what improvements could be made. It was pretty great at the time.
I can't seem to wrap my head around how to do the rhythmic phaser thing so I'd love to learn from anything you've got!

I love how the Silver Sky does Jerry w/ a Dumble way more than his other PRS tones.
I was listening to that uber-set from Saturday night in Philly while I was tweaking this revision. John was on fire that entire night and it's one of the best D&Co shows I've experienced.

Btw I checked the website with the artists listed. You might wanna do a little refresh :D There's Allan Holdsworth with his comments "The Axe-Fx... It's GREAT. I love it! Technology has gotten to the point where you can achieve the sound once required loads of other gear. I wish I'd had it many years ago."

I just feel like he doesn't really use the Axe anymore!

Btw I checked the website with the artists listed. You might wanna do a little refresh :D There's Allan Holdsworth with his comments "The Axe-Fx... It's GREAT. I love it! Technology has gotten to the point where you can achieve the sound once required loads of other gear. I wish I'd had it many years ago."

I just feel like he doesn't really use the Axe anymore!
Fender should probably pull all of Eddies comments on the EVH line as well since he no longer uses any of it....

:unamused:

Fantastic derail though! :)

All the Adrenaline stuff uses resonant filters for the pitch arpeggiation.
So the filer block set to allpass 4th order, feedback set to -100 and set the frequency to be modified by the sequencer. I'll have to figure out the pitch values again. I haven't listened to that song for a long while.. I also stumbled on a really cool sequencing effect by using the Resonator block in front of the allpass filter.

Back
Top Bottom