Weird Overtones Since Last Update

scottw327

I am experiencing some ugly overtones since I updated. I'm on:

VERSION 1.05.16
April 3, 2023

Current FM3 Firmware Version: 6.02

I have tried to swapping things out to see if it was caused by anything else. Multiple guitars, cables, different monitors, headphones, patches, etc...but all replicated in each scenario.

Anybody else having this problem?

I am experiencing some ugly overtones since I updated. I'm on:

VERSION 1.05.16
April 3, 2023

Current FM3 Firmware Version: 6.02

I have tried to swapping things out to see if it was caused by anything else. Multiple guitars, cables, different monitors, headphones, patches, etc...but all replicated in each scenario.

Anybody else having this problem?
Try the FM3 Discussion forum.
Cheers.

None here.

Share the preset so we can poke around. Also, what else has changed in the room or the connection to/from the modeler?
Thanks! Here is the preset. Nothing in the room or connection has changed. Been sitting here like always in the studio.

Attachments

• FIRE.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Ghost notes maybe? Not sure why you would just start hearing them after an update though.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/how-to-eliminate-ghost-notes.152478/post-1814089

Thanks! Here is the preset. Nothing in the room or connection has changed. Been sitting here like always in the studio.
I haven't played through it yet, but looking at your preset I would guess that you're hearing ghost notes. The AC30 models have pretty prominent ghost notes if you run them with much gain or hit them with a boost. If you don't like them you could follow Cliff's instructions on how to get rid of them in that link. I personally love them, they're part of the "charm" of some of these amps.

I haven't played through it yet, but looking at your preset I would guess that you're hearing ghost notes. The AC30 models have pretty prominent ghost notes if you run them with much gain or hit them with a boost. If you don't like them you could follow Cliff's instructions on how to get rid of them in that link. I personally love them, they're part of the "charm" of some of these amps.
I was starting to think ghost tones too.

They fool people, especially if they haven’t had an accurate modeler. I sold by first Fractal, an AX8, because they were driving me crazy, then noticed my tube amps doing it too, just as much, and bought back into Fractal right away.

Back
Top Bottom