Not a Bug Weird input noises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebencharakter

Hello Fellows!
Im tryen to integrate my Analog Pedals into the FM3. So heres my Problem:

I run: Wah,Phase, Delay into the Input 1 of my Fractal.
Everytime I mute my Guitar and have any of these Effects goin into my FM3, there are some very strange NOISES in the Background. It gets worse by turning on the Wah-Wah. Phasing and clipping, also little bit distorted sound.
Please help me identify the Problem.

Thanks a lot.

Noisy pedals? (u can confirm by checking for noise going straight in)

Last edited:
What's wrong with using the effects in the FM? All of those are in there and it's a much cleaner signal chain. I can understand using the Wah if you don't have a CC pedal but the rest would be much quieter and easier to setup using the effects in the FM.

Please just answer if u know the problem. Nobody is helped by this sensless questions guys.
Thx
sheesh, well, you might have to do just a little bit of legwork at your end to get in-depth responses:
  • check for noise going straight in with no pedals (to confirm the issue is not with guitar or FM3).
  • check for noise going thru each pedal on its own into Axfx without the other pedals connected (if not guitar or FM3 confirmed above, to confirm which pedal is might be causing the issue on its own).
  • Post the preset and a sound sample if possible.
Post these findings, then perhaps you can get more
in-depth insight

Last edited:
It's your pedals.
I run Walrus Audio clean PowerSupply into my CryBaby, EvH Phaser and a Carbon Copy.
I was used to a Line 6 Helix, never had the same issues with that.

Is there no one who ever experienced that? Like could it be that the fractal wont take pedals very well into Input 1 and wants it into FX loop?

Please just answer if u know the problem. Nobody is helped by this sensless questions guys.
Thx
I have never had this problem!

Questions are not senseless they help others to understand your setup, sometimes it's in the details. We are not their so we can diagnose as if we all were.

It would be the same if I were on a board asking a question about my car that running rough can some tell me why it's doing that. You are asking for help and we are trying to give it to you please try and understand that.

I run Walrus Audio clean PowerSupply into my CryBaby, EvH Phaser and a Carbon Copy.
I was used to a Line 6 Helix, never had the same issues with that.

Is there no one who ever experienced that? Like could it be that the fractal wont take pedals very well into Input 1 and wants it into FX loop?
This is the type of info that helps others Tks!

Have you tried to isolate which pedal is causing the problem if any?
Have you run your guitar straight in? was it still noisy?
Have you setup the input to the FM so it is just tickling the red LED meter?
What type of amp sim are you using low, medium, high gain?

This is the type of reply that will end up with you getting less help...
So that seems not very legendary to me haha

For real I asked a simple question and all I get is Guys asking me why im using this instead of that. You wouldnt be satisfied with such an answer by urself, dont you?

I have never had this problem!

Questions are not senseless they help others to understand your setup, sometimes it's in the details. We are not their so we can diagnose as if we all were.

It would be the same if I were on a board asking a question about my car that running rough can some tell me why it's doing that. You are asking for help and we are trying to give it to you please try and understand that.

This is the type of info that helps others Tks!

Have you tried to isolate which pedal is causing the problem if any?
Have you run your guitar straight in? was it still noisy?
Have you setup the input to the FM so it is just tickling the red LED meter?
What type of amp sim are you using low, medium, high gain?

All these things I checked before. Otherwise I would never post in a Thread. Im using multiple Presets, all with different amps, gain stages and cleans. Its all the same.
It just happens on Modulation effects/ dynamics and I wonder why.

So my Point of view is that I asked for someone to identify the Problem that may experienced similar things like me.
There is literally NOTHING to find in the Internet about it and all there will be right now is a Thread about people blaming and arguing but no real conclusions.

Nice one guys.

For real I asked a simple question and all I get is Guys asking me why im using this instead of that. You wouldnt be satisfied with such an answer by urself, dont you?

All these things I checked before. Otherwise I would never post in a Thread. Im using multiple Presets, all with different amps, gain stages and cleans. Its all the same.
It just happens on Modulation effects/ dynamics and I wonder why.

So my Point of view is that I asked for someone to identify the Problem that may experienced similar things like me.
There is literally NOTHING to find in the Internet about it and all there will be right now is a Thread about people blaming and arguing but no real conclusions.

Nice one guys.
Have you done any of the simple things I suggested above to help diagnose your issue? (I did not see any specific answers on those items, or a preset). Again, getting to the root of such issues requires some back and forth Q+A, and some specific effort / feedback on your part.

Last edited:
All these things I checked before. Im using multiple Presets, all with different amps, gain stages and cleans. Its all the same.
Hum, no mention of it in your OP?

For real I asked a simple question and all I get is Guys asking me why im using this instead of that.th such an answer by urself, dont you?
It was Just a simple question as to why you weren't using the onboard effects in a multi effects floor board that quite frankly are world class used by countless pro musicians.

It just happens on Modulation effects/ dynamics.
This answer in the first post would have been nice to know.

The only thing that is legendary here is your snarky remarks to people that you don't know that are trying to help you.

And people here on this board that don't get paid to be here are trying to help you with your problem yet you don't want to offer any information then complain about it when people do. Do you see are point of view yet?

There is literally NOTHING to find in the Internet about it.
I wonder why?

all there will be right now is a Thread about people blaming and arguing but no real conclusions.
No real conclusions ok how about this... pull your Delay pedal out from the signal chain and put it in the loop if it's still noisy maybe it's time to look inside the FM and use on of the plethora of delays that's already their.
Nice one guys.
I'm over being nice.

Assuming that's a reference to the "title" bestowed upon my profile by the forum software? That's based purely on post count, which if you check you will see is quite large... Because I help a LOT of people here, all the time for no other reason than to be helpful.

People ask such questions because they can help clarify things, like maybe you're not aware of the full capabilities of the unit.

When YOU ask a question, of course YOU know what you know but WE don't. Maybe you're an expert that's new to the forum or maybe you're brand new to Fractal and modelers. We don't assume either and we ask questions.

Your original post doesn't provide any real detail about what you checked or tried to resolve the problem.

All these things I checked before. Otherwise I would never post in a Thread.
That's great... You didn't say that, so how would you expect us to be aware?

Nice one guys.
Have you ever heard the expression "you get what you give"?

You join this forum and by your 2nd post you're already responding in a negative fashion, so maybe think about that.

Almost everyone here is willing to help but attitude goes a long way towards getting it, and that's what my original post was about.

As a final comment after reading your OP again, I'd suggest checking the Noise Gate in the Input block. My guess is that one of your pedals is emitting some amount of sound that may be causing the gate to "stutter".

i just think u hang urself up to my status as a „noob“ and u want me to kneel and beg for help?
Thats not gonna happen.
First i was just angry about Sixstring but it turns out more people like to support him and his oppinion than figguring out the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom