Weird crackling sound

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
Im getting some staticky crackling sound similar to what it would sound like if the signal was clipping internally.. But it's not overly hot. I checked the vu meter and the front panel lights are only in the green. I first noticed this on my clean patch but I can also hear it on my crunch. Any thoughts? I'm thinking about reinstalling the firmware but just thought I'd check in to see if there is a known cause.

more info please are you running a FRFR or power amp and cab?..try disconnecting everything from the AXE controller,cables everything... plug in headphones is it gone when listening through the headphones?.... .if so something external maybe the issue....................

The only time I experienced the types of sounds you are describing is pushing CPU beyond 95% with USB hooked up.

I'm at 90% . I did do a power down and it is not doing it as much. I'm running frfr, I'll get tge head phones out to rule out outboard gear

I also ran into a storage problem where one of the drive blocks was generating a bunch of noise, even when set exactly like the first drive block. I suspect I've got either corrupt preset or firmware maybe

Quick test, delete one of your blocks (maybe a drive or a reverb block) and replace it with a shunt; play the patch and see if the crackling goes away - if it does then its probably CPU. In which case there are loads of tricks to lowering CPU usage and still get an efficient/effective patch.

I have experienced this and I disconnected my Eon 15 monitors blew out the plugs and pushed them in and out to clean any dust out that stopped the issue on one side I think a cable was stepped on and it was in a bind and it caused that from the right speaker only..

Sometimes even a bad cable eg from guitar too axe can cause this for instance if its been crushed by an office chair or constantly rolled over or stepped on..

The other day I noticed something starting to sound real real bad I checked the power it was 126 I shut things down
and started to look for culprits wound up being an electric floor heater we had and the plug had been arching
in the socket had carbon build up on plug itself when I unplugged that entirely and cleaned the plug and left it
unplugged I re tested my axe and the power conditioner read 123 again and it was fine..

my Furman power conditioner saved my axe that day and it was straining to keep from failing.
That was a dang floor heater causing that issue..

So on the crackling from one side in my case it was the power cord too the right monitor had been put in a bind likely stepped on and it was putting stress on the plug..

Poltergeist poltergeist DUMBLE DUMBLE DUMBLE
Beatle juice Beatle Juice

Last edited:
It appears it was a cpu issue. I rearranged some things to reduce cpu down to 80% and zero crackling now. Totally user error.. I forgot that this is what happens when you go too high.

Back
Top Bottom