Warning!

They have a new theory on circuit reduction technique.... we can design this with fewer parts and it'll sound the same....

This is your chance to replace all the innards with the new prototype...."Voltage regulators? Where we're going, we don't need voltage regulators."

PS - this is a joke. The truth is, there is no prototype....or spoon....or oracle....or cookies.

Dude! That's just cruel! Mah cookies...... all lies? But they tasted so real :(

Yeah that's probably what we all thought at one time...(before actually getting married). Things change - after awhile it becomes feigned interest, then apathy, and then ultimately - resentment.

Way to bring me down, man. I'll let you know how things go in 10 years. But there's a reson I'm 34 and not married yet. I don't put up with that kind of shit and won't marry someone I'm sure won't wind up like. Or realistically will only be slightly so.

Jokes aside, this whole situation doesn't make me laugh one bit.

I'm curious on what may have caused this.
Maybe some customs idiot with ego problems?

The next one may be me you know.

mqdefault.jpg

Don't rule out Line 6 fascist, Avid spys, OR Kemper radicals. Danger lurks everywhere!

Avid stopped giving a shit after their ONLY FW update for the Eleven Rack.

This customs thing keeps getting brought up. The owner had it, it was working, then it wasn't, then he sent it back, and Cliff et al found the sabotage.

Therefore the suggestion is that a customs agent broke into the owners house or snuck in backstage or something and committed the sabotage. How does that make sense?

Occam's razor. Whomever did this was someone close to the owner, knew how important/valuable the black box was, and did it with malice aforethought.

Yes, the old rock the part back and forth until the pins fatigue and break technique. Several capacitors too. And the parts were not inside. So somebody opened it up, broke the parts off and then put the cover back on.

Wow - hopefully, the culprit was wearing a grounding strap and there is no costly hidden damage (e.g., processor damage from ESD).

Easily salvageable or did they stress fracture PCB traces, etc.?

I don't see why everyone's so upset.

It's quite simple.

The Axe DID NOT have a label saying "DO NOT BREAK THESE PARTS OFF, OR THE UNIT MAY CEASE TO OPERATE CORRECTLY".

Therefore, it is clearly within the person who paid money, and now owns the Axe, to do whatever he/she choose to it.

Hence it would, without question, be the fault of the manufacturer, who failed to clearly define the limits of the uses of the instrument being operated, as no means yes, and yes means no, and reality has been superceded by perception of the public.

There, now I said it.

Cliff, just fix it up like new, and return it back to me.

Don't tell anyone it was me, or where you sent it.

I deserve a backup Axe, anyways...... and maybe someone else didn't.

Just hurry up, and get it to me.

Again, don't tell anyone where you sent the "like new" Axe.......

This customs thing keeps getting brought up. The owner had it, it was working, then it wasn't, then he sent it back, and Cliff et al found the sabotage.

Therefore the suggestion is that a customs agent broke into the owners house or snuck in backstage or something and committed the sabotage. How does that make sense?

Occam's razor. Whomever did this was someone close to the owner, knew how important/valuable the black box was, and did it with malice aforethought.

I tend to assume he was traveling champ.
That's have I myself seen lots of electronics get all messed up.

Back
Top Bottom