Warning! Presets not installed correctly???????

Stevelow74

Inspired
Hi to all of you!!!!

I'm getting this error msg. when I power up!!!!
I found that I lost all the presets.... after trying to restore them from the utility menu I decovered that notthing has change (no presets)
I load them for PC , but the Axe is still giving me the Warning that the presets are not installed correctly......

Can somebody help me.

PS is it normal that the axe freezes so much?

You shouldn't go messing around in that hidden factory menu. Contact support and they will send you instructions on how to reinstall the factory presets.

I swear that this wasn't my intension.
And to be honest I wasn't messing around.
Thanks for your help.
I sent an email today hope they get back soon.

But you were in the factory menu. DON'T go in there. It is for FACTORY use ONLY.

I did the same thing last weekend after swapping out the power supply. What you have done is wiped out the FLASH ROM that stores all the factory presets. I figured it out by trial & error. Has customer support responded to you yet?

i have the same problem!

i had to delete all user cabs and self created presets to get the axe to factory default.

"reset system parameters" doesn't affect user cabs and presets so i cleared the SRAM.

i thought this was ok, i did this several times with my standard to get it completely clear and it never caused any problem...

contacted support...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I just accidentally pressed the 'Dissolve all Kempers within a radius of 10,000 miles into foul-smelling pulp' button in the factory menu. Looks like some other people have already pressed this button before and there's a glitch in this feature - the chassis is still there, only the sound that comes out of it sounds like sh*t... *Hahahaha*

This thread's first few posts really made me lol.

"I do this... Not don't do that! Oh sorry sir! bad Axe user! Oh... me sorry! Never do it again! I wasn't messing around... But obviously I was, but I wasn't and won't! Stop that!"

Back
Top Bottom