Waitlist for FC should be offered in order of iii waitlist

No here too. Another 'management' nightmare.

And while people think 'what good is it without the FC?' I would still say the majority of users (especially professionals) do not need the FC, but can activate what they use without it.

I want it as well, since I had to let my MFC go as a bundle. Willing to wait while they get it right, and willing to be on another waiting list until it's available.

...but that's just me.
Why would it cause a management nightmare. Everything is in a database time, paid etc... the management nightmare in my opionion started when they decided to up-charge the unit to skip the waitlist. IMO kind of disappointing

Why would it cause a management nightmare.

If you're suggesting auto adding everyone who purchased a III to the FC waitlist, then you might have a bunch of folks on there that don't want one. That will hold up the line too.

Or are you saying that when someone who got a III early adds themselves to the waitlist, potentially weeks after someone who has a III and added their name to the FC waitlist first, that they should automatically be moved to the top of the list? That seems unfair.

What about the people that were on the III waitlist, bought it, and then sold it on Reverb for a profit? Do they get priority on the FC waitlist? How could you discern who those people are?

First come, first served is fair. It's easy to manage. There are no questions. It's predictable.

If you're suggesting auto adding everyone who purchased a III to the FC waitlist, then you might have a bunch of folks on there that don't want one. That will hold up the line too.

Or are you saying that when someone who got a III early adds themselves to the waitlist, potentially weeks after someone who has a III and added their name to the FC waitlist first, that they should automatically be moved to the top of the list? That seems unfair.

What about the people that were on the III waitlist, bought it, and then sold it on Reverb for a profit? Do they get priority on the FC waitlist? How could you discern who those people are?

First come, first served is fair. It's easy to manage. There are no questions. It's predictable.

I think the easy option would be to send an email to Owners of the 3 in order of waitlist by purchase date . hey do you want a fc 6 or 12 and Ev1 or 2 .pleases reply .
That seems pretty simple

However Fractal see's fit is good with me, I really don't feel entitled personally, It was around 2 weeks after I signed up for the AxFx III that I learned to sign up for the controller on the III waitlist, so roughly mid February. I have an old Ground control ( $50 to $75 on ebay) that will do fine till it comes. Sounds like it could be a while ( Finish development, Make them , then ship them in).

Why would it be unfair lol, it’s simple auto add if someone who purchased one doesn’t want it they don’t buy it. But I respect your opinion. Not trying to bicker I’m making a valid suggestion

I would guess they have separate lists for the III and the FC and the III list would be deleted as they are processed and purchased to avoid unnecessary confusion. The customers who passed on the III would have no need for and FC so the invitation should pass to the next person without slowing down progress.

That's irrelevant.

No, that's the way the waitlist works and the FC is a different product which should receive the same type of waitlist.

If buying a Fractal product entitles you to skip the waitlist for another FAS product I've bought everything new from them except a axe-fx standard.

Oh boy, do I miss the Ultra days where the forum was small and the posts had meaning...

The internet initially seemed to be for information sharing. Now it's more about emotion sharing which changes every time the wind blows or with monthly cycles or whatever.

The internet is like a huge mood ring :) rub it and see what color it turns :p

I will handle the FC waitlist for free, I have time and FAS can free up their resources for important issues. Everyone will know where they are in line and approximately when they're due. I see both sides of this argument but the overriding factor is you don't need a FC without first owning a III. You should be allowed to throw cash at Cliff in the exact order you threw massive cash at him.

No, that's the way the waitlist works and the FC is a different product which should receive the same type of waitlist.

If buying a Fractal product entitles you to skip the waitlist for another FAS product I've bought everything new from them except a axe-fx standard.
Not skipping the waitlist, simply going by the list Axe III buyers are/were already on. Which does make sense considering the FC only works with the III. it's not a general controller that can be used with legacy Fractal products.

We can discuss and debate the process all we want but will Fractal listen to the cry babies and deviate from the established invite process? Who knows, but honestly I'm fine with however things go down. Bottom line for me is that it looks like it won't be shipping in time for summer tours, or will it? one can only hope! ;-)

In other cases I agree if let’s say it’s was a FAS poweramp than ok wait list it you don’t need it to get the product to perform to it full potential
A footswitch like the FC is going to be
Pretty important To get the most out of the AXE 3 I don’t really see it as a different product as say the AX8
Fx8 l

While it would certainly be a nice gesture on Fractal's part to offer first crack at the FC to verified III owners, I don't really see the need. As soon as I get the email/Facebook notice/Forum notice/whatever that the FC is available, my order will be placed. Problem, such as it is, solved. 30 Helens Agree: Patience is a Virtue.

Back
Top Bottom