Waitlist for FC should be offered in order of iii waitlist

No, that's the way the waitlist works and the FC is a different product which should receive the same type of waitlist.

If buying a Fractal product entitles you to skip the waitlist for another FAS product I've bought everything new from them except a axe-fx standard.

I think the thing that several people are missing in this discussion is that the FC is a “dumb terminal”. It is useless as a stand-alone device without the AxeFX III. It cannot be used as a midi controller on its own.

From that perspective, there really is no reason that anyone who does not already have an AxeFX III would need one, other than picking one up in anticipation of getting the III. Offering the FCs to AxeIII purchasers first does make a lot of sense.

Having said that, FAS can handle the list however they want. I suspect that the initial order will be for enough units to accommodate all of the existing AxeIII owners and more. The wait list would serve as a way to manage the amount of orders that they can physically handle shipping from day to day with their staff, rather than be hit with potentially hundreds of orders all at once that may take a few weeks to ship.

All speculation on my part. Only FAS knows.

It’s a product that’s paid for separately so should that make you automatically placed on the waitlist? It didn’t work that way for the mfc iterations.
It’s always been like that here afaik.

So far there’s only a few waitlist hours separating all the buyers, so does a few hours entitle special privilege? Or should you recieve privilege for paying a 1000$ premium to jump the waitlist? It seems those have invested more into FAS.?

I think the thing that several people are missing in this discussion is that the FC is a “dumb terminal”. It is useless as a stand-alone device without the AxeFX III. It cannot be used as a midi controller on its own.

From that perspective, there really is no reason that anyone who does not already have an AxeFX III would need one, other than picking one up in anticipation of getting the III. Offering the FCs to AxeIII purchasers first does make a lot of sense.

Having said that, FAS can handle the list however they want. I suspect that the initial order will be for enough units to accommodate all of the existing AxeIII owners and more. The wait list would serve as a way to manage the amount of orders that they can physically handle shipping from day to day with their staff, rather than be hit with potentially hundreds of orders all at once that may take a few weeks to ship.

All speculation on my part. Only FAS knows.

Exactly.

It’s a product that’s paid for separately so should that make you automatically placed on the waitlist? It didn’t work that way for the mfc iterations.
It’s always been like that here afaik.

So far there’s only a few waitlist hours separating all the buyers, so does a few hours entitle special privilege? Or should you recieve privilege for paying a 1000$ premium to jump the waitlist? It seems those have invested more into FAS.?

Do you have an Axefx 3 right now??

there really is no reason that anyone who does not already have an AxeFX III would need one, other than picking one up in anticipation of getting the III.

So Joe Player who decided to get on the III waitlist late and will be waiting for his III for a while doesn't deserve first crack at the FC waitlist? With so many here saying the III is useless without the FC, the converse argument that the FC is useless without the III holds less water.

Who cares what order anyone buys it in? Sign up and wait your turn.

So let’s say I don’t have a III, don’t plan to buy a III, but I know there are a lot of people who do have III’s and who will pay handsomely for a controller.

What is to stop me from buying one, or as many as I can for that matter, and assuming there will be a supply shortage in the initial batch, charging double the cost ?

I’m all for free market and all, but at the same time don’t like to see folks who actually want and need the gear having to wait longer because people are buying them just to flip for profit.

If the unit doesn’t work with anything other than the III why would anyone buy it ? Well obviously to jack up the price and list on Reverb, hoping short supply will net them a big profit.

Soon as the III started shipping there were guys selling for $3500 on Reverb. Only reason some people went on the III list was hoping to get one early and then flip it.

That is just the way it is in the music business these days. New Spaceman pedal is announced and half the people signing up are only doing it because they hope to flip.

It’s basically music gear speculation as a form of income for some folks. Again, it’s a free country and all, but as someone who wants a controller, I don’t really want to pay over retail price, and I don’t want to wait longer because there is no stock, especially if the only reason there is no stock is becasue too many speculative buyers.

Really comes down to this, anyone who already had a III will be cool with selling only to III owners right ? Why wouldn’t they be.

Anyone who wants one just to flip wants a free for all and hopefully a long shortage. I’m sure they also want to buy more than one.

In between those two there are people who want to buy ASAP so they can have it when they get their III.

So Joe Player who decided to get on the III waitlist late and will be waiting for his III for a while doesn't deserve first crack at the FC waitlist? With so many here saying the III is useless without the FC, the converse argument that the FC is useless without the III holds less water.

Yes let’s make sure that Joe player
Who won’t get his Axe3 till September gets an FC to sit in a box
Seriously you don’t seem to want to see anyone else’s points here
It cool for you because it didn’t affect you personally you already had a pedal board and midi controller so I get it for you no big deal
Anyway I think I have said all I can in these threads and I am out since
There is nothing further to discuss and how it gets handled is not yours or my decision to make

Your argument makes no sense. The premise that the III is useless with the FC is totally false (any midi controller will work). The fact is that the FC is useless without the III is a true statement based on the information that has been released.

There no sense of entitlement here - at least not on my part. I said that FAS can do what they want with the FC waitlist in the part of my post that you didn't quote. I also speculated that FAS will have plenty of these available and the wait list could be more of a way to manage the pace of shipping than anything else. I'll get the FC whenever I get it. I'm fine with that.

All people are saying is that those who already have the III should be offered the FC first since it cannot be used with any other gear. I don't see how that is entitlement. It seems to make sense to me. I guess we'll just have to disagree.

I think it would be a good idea to open it up to people who purchased the Axe-FX III first, otherwise you will just see a bunch of people buying them to turn a profit on Ebay.

I think Cliff should call me every morning and check to see what I feel his next move should be. Seems fair to me. I have purchased five different Axe FX items from Fractal Audio, after all. And, by the way, that should put me ahead on any wait lists unless you have bought six or more items directly, not used on Ebay. Those shouldn't be allowed to count. Well, maybe as half an item.

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Just having some fun... What a testament to the customer service ethos and reputation of a company that we would presume to think we have input in such things. No, I don't mind everyone having an opinion. That's part of forum culture too. But when I see these threads, I keep seeing Austin Powers saying to Robin Spitz Swallows after she's filled with bullet holes "Why won't you die?!?!" lol

Of course this thread won't die... I'm keeping it alive by posting in it! Good morning all!

So, on one hand you have a group of verified customers, who are early adopters of your new flagship product; many of whom are eagerly awaiting an accessory for said product. On the other hand you have a group of potential customers for your flagship product, who absolutely cannot use the accessory; many of whom may well be scalpers and try to fleece your early adopters.

Who do you sell to?

Assuming there won't be enough stock to sell to both groups initially, which kind of company is FAS? Are they the kind of company that prioritizes loyalty to their existing customers, or will they prioritize a larger group of potential buyers, even though it might alienate their existing customers?

Back
Top Bottom