Waitlist Email

Wow, great news! Time to warn my wife I guess.... :laughing:
Every once in a while I get very excited about figuring something out with my rig and tell my SO about it.

Inevitably, she quickly says "I really don't care" after about 30 seconds.

I'm now assuming her disposition applies to new gear too, and who am I to chatterbox about stuff that bores her? :innocent:

Every once in a while I get very excited about figuring something out with my rig and tell my SO about it.

Inevitably, she quickly says "I really don't care" after about 30 seconds.

I'm now assuming her disposition applies to new gear too, and who am I to chatterbox about stuff that bores her? :innocent:
No one can appreciate the joy of rig discovery except those who experience it personally. Know that we care. :)

Not to jinx things for myself (putting the cart before the horse) but what soft case do you recommend for the FM9? My cursory trip through the internet says a SKB SC2311 case should work. Anyone with experience here?

Not to jinx things for myself (putting the cart before the horse) but what soft case do you recommend for the FM9? My cursory trip through the internet says a SKB SC2311 case should work. Anyone with experience here?

pedal case

This is not a soft case, but I've had great experience using it with FM3 + FC6 + Boss exp pedal. I'm confident it will be great with the FM9 + one big or 2 small exp pedals.

I like the bags from Studio Slips. They’re extremely well made, customizable, and reasonably priced. Click “F”, scroll to the right to Fractal Audio, click that then select the FM9. If you’re going to mount your FM9 on a pedalboard then find that unit and have them adjust the appropriate bag’s height to accommodate the width and length of the board and the height of the board+FM9’s height.

This will be my first Fractal unit. If I mount it on a pedalboard, will it be too tall?
Obviously it’ll add the height of the pedalboard to the FM9, but boards come in many different shapes so only you can say how much difference it’ll be.

A lot of us use the Temple Audio boards. I use the Duo 24, which works well with the FM9 all the way to the left and a Dunlop (X) Mini foot pedal on the right. Both are screwed down and are very firmly attached. The combination is a reasonable height and weight.

This will be my first Fractal unit. If I mount it on a pedalboard, will it be too tall?
I went from a flat pedalboard to a Temple Audio Duo board and it works fine for me. I had concerns initially but I really don't notice much difference.

I would be looking for a midi controller soft case, as the ones described as for the FM9 are way overpriced IMO. I use an SKB Midi controller soft case for my Helix, after buying a few hard cases for it over the years, that are heavy, and overpriced. I see a few soft cases on Amazon under $50 that look like they would work fine. I am on the FM9 waitlist, and will just be using my SKB one for it, but I see some others on Amazon for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom