Waitlist Email

Thanks - have done so.
Any idea of arrival dates in Oz?
I know with the component shortage it's playing hell with sales of this, massive pain!
I’ve not heard anything about timing. independent Audio stated that they were waiting for a delivery date before updating the list.

I’m assuming my 8/2022 invitation isn’t imminent. :) Fortunately, I have a III Turbo to limp along on. J/K on the wait, of course, but I’m glad to see that many folks are getting their units now. I’m secretly hoping the FM15 gets introduced while I wait.

Congrats to all you new FM9T owners!

I’ve not heard anything about timing. independent Audio stated that they were waiting for a delivery date before updating the list.

The Australian distributor is absolutely hopeless with communication. Beyond a joke.
Why can't Fractal just send them straight to buyers overseas?
It's practically 2023 for heaven's sake. I'm in Australia, not on Mars. Paypal and whatnot takes care of payment disputes/resolutions.
The fact I can't even get on a direct waitlist with Fractal for an FM9T is driving me nuts.

It is regrettable that the shortages made it impossible to send products to dealers overseas. They are all struggling due to industry-wide shortages and multiple other challenges such as exchange rates, economic strife, and war. Please be patient with Independent Music -- experience shows that they're an excellent company. I'll ask someone to message you here.

The Australian distributor is absolutely hopeless with communication. Beyond a joke.
Why can't Fractal just send them straight to buyers overseas?
It's practically 2023 for heaven's sake. I'm in Australia, not on Mars. Paypal and whatnot takes care of payment disputes/resolutions.
The fact I can't even get on a direct waitlist with Fractal for an FM9T is driving me nuts.
HI @jdel77, Andrew from Independent Music Products here. Feel free to DM me with any questions, or email me on andrew@independentmusic.com.au. If you DM me a number I can call you directly to discuss this. I'll be updating everyone on the waiting list with some news next, so please hang in there.

Still loving the new FM9

If anyone wants a laugh, this one’s for you!

Make sure that your best friend is the save button
I’m sure I’m not alone with this lovely little sentiment…

This one goes out to the long, but most certainly not forgotten (least of all by me) the “oh-boy... did that really just happen!?” crowd.

When you put 2.5 hours into a meticulous preset - and you start setting up scenes and accidentally click the preset menu to save, before actually saving your work. I just did this. I went to preset # and realized after the fact, I didn’t save my work.
…and it’s gone!
You’re left with just an empty bank.
Also that cold feeling.
This one hurts bad.

Good luck out there with your new gear. Please, for the love of God… hit save!

When you put 2.5 hours into a meticulous preset - and you start setting up scenes and accidentally click the preset menu to save, before actually saving your work. I just did this. I went to preset # and realized after the fact, I didn’t save my work.
…and it’s gone!
Also that cold feeling.
This one hurts bad.

That does indeed suck. It’s been my experience that it’s faster & easier to recreate something than to create it in the first place, so it hopefully it won’t take another 2.5 hours. Still sucks though.

Still loving the new FM9

If anyone wants a laugh, this one’s for you!

Make sure that your best friend is the save button
I’m sure I’m not alone with this lovely little sentiment…

This one goes out to the long, but most certainly not forgotten (least of all by me) the “oh-boy... did that really just happen!?” crowd.

…and it’s gone!
Also that cold feeling.
This one hurts bad.

That does indeed suck. It’s been my experience that it’s faster & easier to recreate something than to create it in the first place, so it hopefully it won’t take another 2.5 hours. Still sucks though.
I always recommend becoming familiar with the Snapshot tool. It’s the safety-net that lets us experiment with settings and jump back and forth to compare the differences in various changes over time. Then, once we’re at a happy place we can click Save.

The intermediate sessions are saved in a folder and are permanent records of the intermediate changes, so you can take a snapshot, move to another preset, move back, click the most recent instance and be where we left off. Relying solely on Save won’t do that.

That’s advice from someone who’s lost many presets and had to recreate them.

I always recommend becoming familiar with the Snapshot tool. It’s the safety-net that lets us experiment with settings and jump back and forth to compare the differences in various changes over time. Then, once we’re at a happy place we can click Save.

The intermediate sessions are saved in a folder and are permanent records of the intermediate changes, so you can take a snapshot, move to another preset, move back, click the most recent instance and be where we left off. Relying solely on Save won’t do that.

That’s advice from someone who’s lost many presets and had to recreate them.
Thanks, tbh I never used snapshot but now I will.
Appreciate the process rundown.😎

Yeah, I had to press pause after all of that. Now I’m considering rebuilding now.
Won’t be exact… can’t be. I was into the bias and just advanced features tweaking and turning…
It was pretty perfect for me.
Best just to just get back into another session. 😎

Back
Top Bottom