Waitlist Email

I was wondering what is so different about FM9 that it was not available for whole year before waitlist was addressed again last month, both FM3 and AxeFXIII were available all the time and probably had similar chip shortage? Can folks on waitlist expect a proper supply chain established for FM9 or we might exhaust stock again? I know Fractal Admin(s) may not want to answer last question here, maybe I should start saving for AxeFXIII and FC12?? :p

I was wondering what is so different about FM9 that it was not available for whole year before waitlist was addressed again last month, both FM3 and AxeFXIII were available all the time and probably had similar chip shortage? Can folks on waitlist expect a proper supply chain established for FM9 or we might exhaust stock again? I know Fractal Admin(s) may not want to answer last question here, maybe I should start saving for AxeFXIII and FC12?? :p
I believe they said they went with a turbo model due to a new and improved chip they anticipate will be in better supply. No one can tell the future, but if I wanted an FM9, I’d wait for an FM9.

I was wondering what is so different about FM9 that it was not available for whole year before waitlist was addressed again last month, both FM3 and AxeFXIII were available all the time and probably had similar chip shortage?
"probably had similar chip shortage"? That's conjecture. The DSP in question is in strong demand by the automotive industry if I remember right. The car manufacturers threw cash at the distributors and won, eating up the supply for that chip.

Can folks on waitlist expect a proper supply chain established for FM9 or we might exhaust stock again? I know Fractal Admin(s) may not want to answer last question here, maybe I should start saving for AxeFXIII and FC12?? :p
Fractal announced when they started shipping the FM9 Turbo that they hoped to have enough stock to get through the first wave of the RSVP list but probably wouldn't have enough to service the entire list.

Everything remains in the air and they will tell us what they can when they know it. WE know very little beyond what they've told us, or what we can glean by reading the semi-conductor news.

Everything is in UPS hands. Cheers, bro.
Not my point. First of all, congrats, very happy for you. What I mean is that they are currently shipping out units for people who ordered on 8/31/2021 around 7pm. You are saying you didn't order yours until 9/2/2021 7:17PM and yet you received your invite. I was wondering why you were 2 days ahead is all.

Not my point. First of all, congrats, very happy for you. What I mean is that they are currently shipping out units for people who ordered on 8/31/2021 around 7pm. You are saying you didn't order yours until 9/2/2021 7:17PM and yet you received your invite. I was wondering why you were 2 days ahead is all.
Hm... tbh I was wondering the same thing myself... maybe had redundant dates for the invite, like sent first request 8/31, and another on 9/2, and is possibly confusing the two?

Back
Top Bottom