Waitlist Email

I expect that my email will be showing up the early part of next week, if everything goes the same as last week's progress. I am a 9/4/2021 sign-on.
Let us know! I am 9/30/21
What’s funny is I was on a waitlist for a QC for over a year when I finally received it 8/3/21
Fractal sent me the fm9 email talking about it’s release but I had just paid for the QC - I didn’t jump on the opportunity.
Well, a month later I realized the QC was trash (my opinion)
So I tried to get a fm9 on the fractal website - there were none!? So, I put the email out for waitlist. At the time people (selling QC’s on reverb) had already put in for FM9’s and received them that month. Others had got on the waitlist in 7-8/21 - they only waited a week or two and received their invitations - Immediately selling them on Reverb.

All that to say, I thought “huh,
Well this shouldn’t take
Long! Others received invitations within a matter of a couple weeks… lol here we are nearly 1 full year later.
I know what I’m getting with fractal
Tho.
The Quad Cortex was awful, I sold it and now I’m awaiting my Fm9

It can’t come soon enough tho, my axe2 is having issues and I have no way of recording until I get it.
Well, bo way of recording clean tracks.
Been through it with tech support.
Since I live in Texas now (moved from Vermont this year) it doesn’t make sense to ship my old Axe2
So maybe I’ll fix it next time I drive out to visit family.
I lived literally 2.5 hours from the fractal factory before the move lol… but hindsight is always 20/20
The axe 2 worked fine till I moved it across half of the us…
I still have my tube amps… just not worth the effort to setup at this point,
Also, it’s hard to get great tone out of the Triple Rec.
Not without waking the neighbors anyway.
😎

I expect that my email will be showing up the early part of next week, if everything goes the same as last week's progress. I am a 9/4/2021 sign-on.
Ditto.

I am also 9/4/21 5:47 PM EST. However, I'm not quite as optimistic, I'm estimating end of next week to middle of following week.

Of course, the railroad strike will likely begin the day I purchase it....:mad:

Ditto.

I am also 9/4/21 5:47 PM EST. However, I'm not quite as optimistic, I'm estimating end of next week to middle of following week.

Of course, the railroad strike will likely begin the day I purchase it....:mad:
Ya I got my unit late last night, very strange seeing the UPS guy that late, he mumbled some kinda mixup, but I just said Gimme Gimme !
Took a long time getting here, like 9 days

I hope the flow starts moving a little faster at some point. I ordered on 11/1/21. It may be a while for me...
Past experience tells us that there is an incremental improvement daily because the further the invitation processing gets from the initial sign-up date, fewer people added their names to the RSVP list. Fractal processes n orders per day, so, over time, n encompasses a larger chunk of time on the list. Eventually they'll be processing days in a 1:1, then weeks/day. That slow acceleration is what I was watching for when I tracked the invitations.

The gotcha is that the virus hit and affected shipping, and then Fractal had to switch to the faster processor, and the announcement of the Turbo will have caused a spike in orders, so we'll see a slowdown occur at some point. There's nothing that can be done about it unless Fractal changes that n number.

The pace will quicken soon. It’s been expressed that the waitlist per day decreases somewhat exponentially, so I’m thinking in the very near future we will likely see it move multiple days at a time.
There are multiple factors that affect the acceleration of the waitlist, but initially it's a very tiny amount, but it is very slowly increasing. It's never going to be a sudden acceleration or a marked improvement though. Math and how people react to product announcements don't work that way.

"Exponentially" means it changes, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a large number initially or quickly. And history has shown us that it takes a while to get to where we're seeing entire days processed per day.

That's how it works. Fractal said that orders had been unprecedented.
The FM9 is a perfect balance of portability and sound/performance, demand for this model is not going to slow down. Supply chain of electronics is still very fragile so hopefully they figured out a way to keep units hitting the market without any further interruptions or any out of stock of DSP microchips. I sold my Axe FX 2 XL in Jan hoping I will have an FM9 within a month (waitlist confirmation 9/1/21 evening) but predicting this market now is impossible. Not sure if Fractal releases any sales numbers but I would be surprised if the FM9 doesn’t become their most popular product of this cycle (Axe 3, FM3 & FM9).

Last edited:
I believe Fractal said that the first 3 days of the wait list, had the largest number of users more than the rest of the list. So once they get past the first 3 days, it should start to speed up.

I’d bet the list will see some good jumps forward soon.
Looking at my data and comparing it to Admin M@'s "Now serving" messages, it's still taking multiple days to process one day in the RSVP list. Once it's 1:1 then we'll see invitations begin covering 24+ hours then multiple days until they hit the FM9 Turbo announcement, or run out of inventory. When will those happen? Dunno, can't tell.

Back
Top Bottom