Waitlist Email

No disrespect intended Greg, but this type of information, even if it’s semi accurate doesn’t give people any hope. I know you have a deep analytical mind but averages have no bearing and really don’t matter at this point. They are blazing through the list now and that’s all that matters. Cheers.
That’s fine, I meant no disrespect to Greg. But as I just said posting an average means very little. Especially as delivery times increase exponentially. Sometimes too much data can be a negative thing. Let’s focus on the now serving.
Probably you should ignore my username then.

No disrespect intended Greg, but this type of information, even if it’s semi accurate doesn’t give people any hope. I know you have a deep analytical mind but averages have no bearing and really don’t matter at this point. They are blazing through the list now and that’s all that matters. Cheers.
Yes I attempted to point out that by indication or implication of the spreadsheet that the speed of product turnout would begin to increase rapidly and I was basically berated for using such a data source and when I replied, snarkily but lightheartedly so, I found my post was entirely deleted. Soooo watch where you step, it may not be as free of a forum to express your opinion as you might want to believe. That's too bad, it should be our forum there's no place for bullies in such a forum.

Oh boy(s) (above)...

Keep rocking it, Fractal. I'm a March 2022 late-comer? But I feel yer all doing a heck of a job, in SO many different ways.

Yes I attempted to point out that by indication or implication of the spreadsheet that the speed of product turnout would begin to increase rapidly and I was basically berated for using such a data source and when I replied, snarkily but lightheartedly so, I found my post was entirely deleted. Soooo watch where you step, it may not be as free of a forum to express your opinion as you might want to believe. That's too bad, it should be our forum there's no place for bullies in such a forum.
Of course you’re not free to express your opinion how you see fit. See the forum rules. It’s not a democracy. It’s not our forum.

The sign up was roughly decreasing exponentially. So if, say, 100 people signed up the first day, 50 signed up the second day, 25 the third day and so on. Therefore the "Now Serving" date will begin to move forward exponentially.

C'mon 8/31.
Yessir! I got the official product announcement email on 8/31/21. So for those that weren’t paying attention, like me, that’s when we discovered that the FM9 was even a thing. That leads me to believe the list signup slowed down significantly and they sent the email to all the people they have on their email list on 8/31. I would imagine that’s probably a lot of signups on 8/31 too, but hopefully that means the list began to wane on 8/29 and 8/31 is coming soon!

The sign up was roughly decreasing exponentially. So if, say, 100 people signed up the first day, 50 signed up the second day, 25 the third day and so on. Therefore the "Now Serving" date will begin to move forward exponentially.
Wooohooo, I'm so excited Cliff. Matter of fact my buddy is like when you get your FM9, if you like it I'm going to get one too! So it looks like you will have yet another sale.

And then there’s the virus and the shipping and parts unavailability on top of the Turbo announcement to mess with what should have been a curve. We have a curve with some straight segments and a coming bump or dip that still looks like a curve if I squint from far enough away. :) The ever increasing time stamp intervals between RSVP entries and invitations is what I watch for.

I’m a big fan of the original Freakonomics studies, and, among many other things, was in charge of generating a big monthly stack of executive summary QA charts for a certain huge semiconductor company, then for years I ran the largest database in our fab and wrote and maintained a visualization website that sat on top of it for our QA engineers and ended up being institutionalized inside the corporation. It’s interesting seeing what pretty lines come out if there’s sufficient data.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom