Waitlist Email

I received my invitation at the original time, but as we know, they sold out quickly.

It is my recollection that your invite was good until used.

I wanted to purchase today, but have now been informed the invite expired and I can rejoin at the end of the list.

I was a loyal customer since the Ultra, but maybe it’s time I move on.
Other way to look at is that you are asking for 2 opportunities to buy the FM9 in a year span when some of us have had 0. Just a different view

I received my invitation at the original time, but as we know, they sold out quickly.

I wanted to purchase today, but have now been informed the invite expired and I can rejoin at the end of the list.

If it was me, I would just place a phone call and explain myself before I made a decision.

No, that's incorrect.

They are resending new invites to those with "expired" ones... You should not be getting sent to the back of the line.

Edit:

Not meaning you are incorrect, but that I think you got a bad answer.

Edit 2:

Rereading the link in the post after this one I see that I was wrong... Bummer.

Last edited:

If it was me, I would just place a phone call and explain myself before I made a decision.

It seems an inquiry for an old invite refresh needed to be done prior to the Turbo announcement.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/waitlist-email.176161/post-2298823

Thinking this policy through out loud:

If someone received and invite and tried to buy, but they were sold out, I was originally not sure how they should be expected to get some magical urge to inquire about an invite before the Turbo announcement. I figured the Turbo announcement would be their prompt to finally get a chance to purchase the FM9 and they would now have a prompt send an inquiry, which would be after the announcement.

However, the best I can figure for this policy is to cover customers who received an invite and just sat on it without even attempting to make a purchase. Other peeps signed up for the waitlist to purchase the FM9 because they actually wanted to buy an FM9. Thus, customers who signed up for the waitlist with no actual imminent desire to buy the FM9 should not have priority over those who would have readily bought the FM9 if they were given the opportunity. Most of customers who readily would have bought the FM9 are the ones currently being served on the waitlist.

If there were some extenuating circumstances, especially if the customer received one of the last invites and didn't have much of a chance to make the purchase before they sold out, then there might be an exception.

Dunno if what I wrote makes sense to anyone else. There may be other/better reasons.

Don't see how it is Fractal's fault. I've been a loyal customer for over 6k worth of direct purchases, I'm waiting a year. Supply and demand. I realize that. And whenever I got an invite off a waiting list I purchased immediately. It's frustrating to not just be able to buy something especially at the highest price point in the industry but my alternative is to what? Buy a Helix? No, I'd easily rather continue on with my II or III or my FM3. Not gonna die without a FM9 though it would make my current pedalboard situation a more happy place.

Back
Top Bottom