Waitlist Email

Ordered using the link from my original FM9 invitation 10/12/2021 and it appears everything has gone through successfully!
So did I and they wound up cancelling my order. Shortly thereafter the link was broken. I asked them about it and they said they will be sending new invite email. My guess is that they will be sending in order of the waitlist for anybody how hadn't purchased an FM9 last fall.

I have a question and this is purely a question and not a criticism, accusation or anything of the like. It’s a QUESTION because I’d just like to know. So as a precursor, DO NOT READ ANYTHING INTO MY QUESTION, as we all know NEVER happens on the internet.

Why does fractal chose to put out turbo, XL, + models etc whenever there is some kind of hardware or spec change? I’d be fine knowing they use chips, wires, chassis or knobs from different sources so long as they keep production up to meet demand a little better. I personally don’t care what chip is in there so long as the unit functions as advertised. A 10% bump in processing is (in my purely layman opinion) nominal at best and generally inconsequential. It’s not like the average user is holding out because the original one “just needed that extra 10%” of anything.

Purely my opinion, an honest question so don’t make me out to be the asshole here.

Thanks. Have a peaceful day and I hope everyone’s waitlist comes up in the next 5 minutes. Love to all.
As some have already mentioned, I think it is partly to show that hey, it is different/better now. I also think that they probably had some internal cost associated with changing it. New PWB revision, changes to hardware, changes to Firmware etc. Hence the reason for the $100 price increase. So they have to call it something different to justify having to raise the price.

FAS is a class act and treats the (potential) customers well. The invitation list is followed in order of first-come, first-served.

Yup, I've been a customer for years and have had their products all the way back to the original Axe FX Standard. I just happened to follow my invite link and saw the option to purchase, so I did, but I think it was a case of them updating their system but not invalidating the link which is why they cancelled the order. Makes sense and I have no problem waiting.

I tried using my link from 21/1/2021 and got..............

404 Error - Page not found​

grrrr
I think they're only starting with people on the list that have not purchased an FM9 yet. I think anyone that used (or chose to wait) their old purchase link have to get back on the list to purchase a Turbo.

For those who are keeping track, I received my wait list confirmation on 28 August 2021 at 6:03am EDT. I received my invitation to purchase an FM9 Turbo today at 1:34pm and I placed my order immediately. Seven minutes later, at 1:41pm, I received my order confirmation.

Waitlist confirmation received 27 August 2021 at 1:09pm EST. Still haven't received my new invitation... :(

Now back to refreshing my email every 20 seconds

For those who are keeping track, I received my wait list confirmation on 28 August 2021 at 6:03am EDT. I received my invitation to purchase an FM9 Turbo today at 1:34pm and I placed my order immediately. Seven minutes later, at 1:41pm, I received my order confirmation.

Excellent only 11 hours worth till mine lol woo

Back
Top Bottom