Waitlist Email

Here's straight from the horse's mouth some months ago, paraphrased, because I don't recall the exact wording...

"We (FAS) had ordered parts in anticipation of the chip shortage, but once our orders were locked in, the suppliers backed out on providing the parts, for whatever reason."

You can guess as much as you want regards this, but as you know, much larger companies required the chips for their products, and FAS kinda got the shaft. As unfair as this seems to FM9 buyers, the likely, and don't shoot the messenger here, reason for shafting FAS was the larger companies outbid FAS and the chip manufacturers were offered more money than was agreed upon with FAS.

Is that legal? Yup. Ethical? Nope. Although I don't know the details of the agreement, I do know that FAS had ordered chips for the FM9 but the suppliers backed out on supplying them. You can do the math.

IIRC, the quote was originally from a FAS news release on their website. It may or may not be there now. Yet, as memory serves, that is basically what was said.
Here's straight from the horse's mouth some months ago, paraphrased, because I don't recall the exact wording...

"We (FAS) had ordered parts in anticipation of the chip shortage, but once our orders were locked in, the suppliers backed out on providing the parts, for whatever reason."

You can guess as much as you want regards this, but as you know, much larger companies required the chips for their products, and FAS kinda got the shaft. As unfair as this seems to FM9 buyers, the likely, and don't shoot the messenger here, reason for shafting FAS was the larger companies outbid FAS and the chip manufacturers were offered more money than was agreed upon with FAS.

Is that legal? Yup. Ethical? Nope. Although I don't know the details of the agreement, I do know that FAS had ordered chips for the FM9 but the suppliers backed out on supplying them. You can do the math.

IIRC, the quote was originally from a FAS news release on their website. It may or may not be there now. Yet, as memory serves, that is basically what was said.
Thanks for the details I was not aware of here. Yes in this situation you cannot blame FAS then. It’s unfortunate this all happened after their release. It defiantly wont change my support for them as IMO they’re simulations are the best I have heard. Cheers 🍻

You know what this means guys!

Ever Forward container ship stuck in muddy bottom of Chesapeake Bay for over a month finally freed

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy...ship-stuck-chesapeake-bay-month-finally-freed
Yup. It means we don't need a new boat...yet. Hate to seem jaded regards this, but do we even know what's in these cargo containers?

Could be just what the doctor ordered, and then again, maybe not...🤞 Hoping for the best, but also won't expect wonderful things either...

My spidy-sense tells me its imported stuff on backorder from months ago, but not what we're looking for...

But if I'm wrong, you guys can claim you've got "hand..."

Last edited:
Thanks for the details I was not aware of here. Yes in this situation you cannot blame FAS then. It’s unfortunate this all happened after their release. It defiantly wont change my support for them as IMO they’re simulations are the best I have heard. Cheers 🍻

These are relevant quotes:
In the current turmoil, parts suppliers keep changing the date that their orders will be delivered, and they sometimes do so only after the "date expected" has already passed. One cannot help but imagine that this strange effect is at least partly caused by global corporations pulling strings at the highest levels.

Oct
Dec
Feb
April

June

It's impossible at this point to not put a question mark after anything anyone tells you. But at the same time, we are fighting a very good fight. We've employed higher priced substitutions and other techniques, absorbing as much of the extra costs as possible.

If you're talking about picking up an Axe-Fx III or FM3, I'd say, "Get what you can get when you can get it." I've seen some estimates stating that this situation continues into next year. Those products could become scarce too.
The semiconductor shortage is the only reason that the FM9 is out of stock right now. At present, we are waiting on certain key suppliers to update us on when we will be able to get the parts needed for production. We've already paid extra to get some items—only to be thwarted by others suddenly disappearing when industrial giants pulled strings. We were excited to find a substitute for one critical part only to then have the substitute become delayed too-- after we ordered and been promised quick delivery.

I will end as I often do by thanking you for your patience and understanding during these trying times.

Not easy on either FAS or customers on the wait list. When I finally received my FM9, some friends were blown away at the unit and got on the wait list. As they joined the list last fall, the hope was to get it by the spring to learn, tweak and gig with it this summer. But alas....

I do believe my friends will hang on to the bitter end and hang to them for dear life once received.

Not easy on either FAS or customers on the wait list. When I finally received my FM9, some friends were blown away at the unit and got on the wait list. As they joined the list last fall, the hope was to get it by the spring to learn, tweak and gig with it this summer. But alas....

I do believe my friends will hang on to the bitter end and hang to them for dear life once received.
I just snagged a FM3 to hold me over. Although I'm finding the FM3 seems to be powerful enough for my needs lol but with the FM9 not being significantly more expensive, hard to pass up

I just snagged a FM3 to hold me over. Although I'm finding the FM3 seems to be powerful enough for my needs lol but with the FM9 not being significantly more expensive, hard to pass up
yep, I ended up doing the same. Got one with the fc6 and it's amazing. Still think the fm9 will be the homerun when it's available. The Fm3 has been awesome and works so well whether I have a sound guy or if we are doing our own sound.

hey folks! Just checking in here, I apologize if I missed a big sticky or something but just seeing if folks like me who went on the waitlist in august are getting deliveries? or getting contacted by Fractal? As someone who works in audio technology during this chaotic time I completely understand the shit show we're all in. No pressure from me, more just curious! Thanks!

I haven't heard anything and I sent in on the day it was announced. Someone can have mine if they are transferrable, I got an Axe in the meantime, I had a FM3 then.

hey folks! Just checking in here, I apologize if I missed a big sticky or something but just seeing if folks like me who went on the waitlist in august are getting deliveries? or getting contacted by Fractal? As someone who works in audio technology during this chaotic time I completely understand the shit show we're all in. No pressure from me, more just curious! Thanks!
The last timestamp we saw on the forum in this thread was 8/28 at 4:02a.

The demand for the FM9 is really high, and the virus really did a number on manufacturing and delivery of parts, which caught Fractal right in the middle of it. NOBODY wants to see those things fixed more than Fractal does, so hang in there. The FM9 is a great unit.

How is the FM3 holding you over.. I have a unique situation.. I am in Brazil right now and things are a little more expensive down here. I will be moving here soon and I will only have one chance to send things I own as a household shipment that is not subject to import duties and taxes.. by a little more I mean 2 to 2 and a half times more. So if I can by it at US prices before I get my permanent residence down here then I can bring it with me without having to pay the import duties and taxes. If not, it is a crapshoot whether I would be able to bring it as a carry on and not get charged for those taxes and import duties by customs at the airport. I will be back in the states in a week or so and then I have 6 months until I can come back here. I want to get an fm3 so I can play around with it while I am waiting for those 6 months to end and hopefully for the fm9 to become available. I am on the list at 10 pm Aug 29th... On one hand I can have the fm 3 and if the fm9 doesn't become available I can just keep the fm3 if it does what I want it too, On the other hand.. how hard is it to resell an Axe fx III ...

Truth. I’m just a hobbyist and even I’ve had a hell of a time getting passive components like potentiometers, etc.
When the virus hit I remember hearing from people that “Oh, everything will be back to normal in a couple months.” And my response was it’s going to have ripples and more ripples across everything. It’s the 200-ton Butterfly Effect in action.

Back
Top Bottom