FM9: G66 availability & waitlist

Sure I did, but why announce something if you can't keep up to it. Maybe I'm to bureaucratic, sorry bout that.
Maybe because some companies prefer to look ahead rather than stop and start crying for this or that. Before there was (and still is) a pandemic then came a shortage of raw materials and electronic components and now the war. I prefer to read about someone who decides to go ahead between all these threats because sooner or later (I hope sooner) all this end. Just my opinion, free to disagree 😉.

I think Matt already answered that in an FC thread saying they'd love to offer that but its not possible at the moment unfortunately.
But in 6 months time when they start to assemble FM9s it might be. They will only be buying the large LCD s for all the FCs by then. Would also differentiate more between FM3 and FM9.

But in 6 months time when they start to assemble FM9s it might be. They will only be buying the large LCD s for all the FCs by then. Would also differentiate more between FM3 and FM9.
I agree, It would be the next logically thing to do. But it could also mean that chassis's and LCD's have all been made already and they are waiting on the chips to put in them in the boards? Who knows!

That's what Matt said in a previous thread anyway! Post no 10.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/announcing-fc-6-mark-ii-and-fc-12-mark-ii.181812/

Reactions: Ole
Glad I bought the FM3 to cover the waiting time
I'm starting to consider doing this... I just don't have a lot of money, and unless I find a steal on a used one and can sell it for what I got it for (immediately) that would mean losing money from my guitar fund. I just sold all of my gear so I'd be ready for the waitlist when my name gets called.

I'm concerned particularly the part about the shortage getting worse, and not better. Do we have any ballpark estimates for when FM9s will be ready to ship again, or is it a complete mystery at this point? I don't want to be sitting here in a year's time feeling like an idiot for holding out.

Last edited:
I'm starting to consider doing this... I just don't have a lot of money, and unless I find a steal on a used one and can sell it for what I got it for (immediately) that would mean losing money from my guitar fund. I just sold all of my gear so I'd be ready for the waitlist when my name gets called.

I'm concerned particularly the part about the shortage getting worse, and not better. Do we have any ballpark estimates for when FM9s will be ready to ship again, or is it a complete mystery at this point? I don't want to be sitting here in a year's time feeling like an idiot for holding out.
I got the FM3 for 1.276€ in April 2021 and sold for 1.100€ In January 2022.

Keep the box and all of the accessories and documentation included. Keep the film on the screen + mini displays and you will sell it at a good price.

I got the FM3 for 1.276€ in April 2021 and sold for 1.100€ In January 2022.

Keep the box and all of the accessories and documentation included. Keep the film on the screen + mini displays and you will sell it at a good price.
Okay.. Anyone want to push me over the edge and tell me it's going to be a really long time before FM9s ship?

Okay.. Anyone want to push me over the edge and tell me it's going to be a really long time before FM9s ship?
I'm at the exact same spot as you are
I'm at the same spot as you are, and since I don't have enough savings I'm also afraid once I buy an Fm3 my invitation arrives and I won't be able to afford the fm9.....
BTW does anyone know how exactly the procedure is once one recieves an invite? How much time is there to react/wire the money before the option to buy runs out?

I don't get it actually... Does the Ukraine war influence the trade relations between china (that's where the fm9 is build) and the US?

In the current turmoil, parts suppliers keep changing the date that their orders will be delivered, and they sometimes do so only after the "date expected" has already passed. One cannot help but imagine that this strange effect is at least partly caused by global corporations pulling strings at the highest levels.

Oct
Dec
Feb
April

June

It's impossible at this point to not put a question mark after anything anyone tells you. But at the same time, we are fighting a very good fight. We've employed higher priced substitutions and other techniques, absorbing as much of the extra costs as possible.

If you're talking about picking up an Axe-Fx III or FM3, I'd say, "Get what you can get when you can get it." I've seen some estimates stating that this situation continues into next year. Those products could become scarce too.

Last edited:
In the current turmoil, parts suppliers keep changing the date that their orders will be delivered, and they sometimes do so only after the "date expected" has already passed. One cannot help but imagine that this strange effect is at least partly caused by global corporations pulling strings at the highest levels.

Oct
Dec
Feb
April

June

It's impossible at this point to not put a question mark after anything anyone tells you. But at the same time, we are fighting a very good fight. We've employed higher priced substitutions, absorbing as much of the extra costs as possible.
Thank you for your your reply, I really appreciate it! It helps definitely to handle the stress of desire:)

Oct
Dec
Feb
April

June

It's impossible at this point to not put a question mark after anything anyone tells you. But at the same time, we are fighting a very good fight. We've employed higher priced substitutions and other techniques, absorbing as much of the extra costs as possible.

If you're talking about picking up an Axe-Fx III or FM3, I'd say, "Get what you can get when you can get it." I've seen some estimates stating that this situation continues into next year. Those products could become scarce too.
I only signed up for the waitlist in January. Sounds like if I'd like to have a piece of Fractal gear to play this summer, I'd be better off getting an FM3 (I can't afford the Axe-Fx). Is that a fair interpretation of your advice?

It
it’s going to be a really long time before the FM9 ships

Enough to push you over the edge?

Back in December I just decided to buy the FM3 and take the depreciation when I can buy the FM9. I joined the waiting list very late so I don’t expect my name to come up for the first batch.

Fortunately I am not limited by funding so absorbing the depreciation won’t impact my possibility to buy the FM9. I could buy the Axe-FX but that is overkill for my situation.

It

it’s going to be a really long time before the FM9 ships

Enough to push you over the edge?

Back in December I just decided to buy the FM3 and take the depreciation when I can buy the FM9. I joined the waiting list very late so I don’t expect my name to come up for the first batch.

Fortunately I am not limited by funding so absorbing the depreciation won’t impact my possibility to buy the FM9. I could buy the Axe-FX but that is overkill for my situation.

I guess it depends on when they can ship a batch AND how big the batches are. I saw one optimistic TGPer say they thought the next batch might get to the whole waitlist, but I have no idea if that's anywhere near a reality. If not, I should start looking at the FM3.

Back
Top Bottom