Waitlist Email

It'll work out perfect for me hopefully. I don't want to go into savings and have some minor current expenditures. Of course I COULD sell my AX8 but I'm emotionally committed to it :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: 2 months away ought to line up nicely.

Well I made a knee jerk sell of my fm3 a month ago thinking I’d time it right. Last time was no pandemic no problem. But I’m tempted to just get in of those v4 krakens for 999$ I hear victory is good but I’d be giving up so much capability.

It'll work out perfect for me hopefully. I don't want to go into savings and have some minor current expenditures. Of course I COULD sell my AX8 but I'm emotionally committed to it :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: 2 months away ought to line up nicely.

Isn't buying an FM9 the whole point of saving? ;)

I feel the same way about the AX8 (even more emotionally attached to the Axe-Fx Standard I got in 2008). Not only because the AX8 has so many tones already dialed in, but also because it has a bunch of purchased song-specific patches that I enjoy.

Once I have the FM9 dialed in for my tones and notice the AX8 collecting dust, that will be the signal to sell the AX8.

My wife gave me $500 towards a PS5 for Christmas 2020. Got Horizon Forbidden West for the PS4 (HZD is my favorite game ever, but I'm otherwise not a big gamer), but that gave me a bug up my butt to see it on the PS5. Just scored one today with the Walmart+ drop!

Point being: I now have a surrogate tech toy for distraction until the FM9 starts shipping again.

My wife gave me $500 towards a PS5 for Christmas 2020. Got Horizon Forbidden West for the PS4 (HZD is my favorite game ever, but I'm otherwise not a big gamer), but that gave me a bug up my butt to see it on the PS5. Just scored one today with the Walmart+ drop!

Point being: I now have a surrogate tech toy for distraction until the FM9 starts shipping again.
Dude before it went Walmart + I flipped about 10 of them. Just had to be quick and consistent and you could have snagged one.

Dude before it went Walmart + I flipped about 10 of them. Just had to be quick and consistent and you could have snagged one.
I hear ya. I wasn't actively searching until getting HFW a few days ago and the Walmart+ drop happened right when I wanted the PS5 to see the improved graphics. I'm otherwise just too busy and would rather play guitar than consistently monitor for surprise PS5 drops. The $13 Walmart+ fee was worth it for being ready to order at a guaranteed drop time and date.

Of course, it would be much better if they had a waitlist like the one for the FM9. (There, I kept this thread on topic).

I hear ya. I wasn't actively searching until getting HFW a few days ago and the Walmart+ drop happened right when I wanted the PS5 to see the improved graphics. I'm otherwise just too busy and would rather play guitar than consistently monitor for surprise PS5 drops. The $13 Walmart+ fee was worth it for being ready to order at a guaranteed drop time and date.

Of course, it would be much better if they had a waitlist like the one for the FM9. (There, I kept this thread on topic).
I hear ya. I ended up working for like 3 bucks an hour. I guess it was the thrill of the hunt for me. In the end I could have financed the FM9 with that money. (FM9 related)

I'm dying with anticipation here, but I just read that Toyota is shutting down all of their factories in Japan because of the chip shortage and other supply chain issues. If Toyota can't get around this, that scares the hell out of me. I really, really, really, really want the FM9, but now I'm starting to wonder if they're going to run out of FM3's - especially since the FXIII is also now on a waitlist.

I'm dying with anticipation here, but I just read that Toyota is shutting down all of their factories in Japan because of the chip shortage and other supply chain issues. If Toyota can't get around this, that scares the hell out of me. I really, really, really, really want the FM9, but now I'm starting to wonder if they're going to run out of FM3's - especially since the FXIII is also now on a waitlist.

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=fm9

Yes, I really, really, really, really want the FM9 - but I'm also not a fool who will pay nearly double the list price to a scalper. A large part of the appeal is the price, if it wasn't then the FXIII + FC9 would be a better value for nearly the same cost.
Same for me, I really really want an FM9, mostly because the tones are great, and partly because I am amazed at the price. It is crazy something that powerful could undercut the Helix in price.

Yes, I really, really, really, really want the FM9 - but I'm also not a fool who will pay nearly double the list price to a scalper. A large part of the appeal is the price, if it wasn't then the FXIII + FC9 would be a better value for nearly the same cost.

I just wanted to be helpful. And please don't accuse me of taking you at your word.

Nearly double the price? Well, math is obviously not your strong suit...Neither apparently is understanding supply and demand.

And by the way, some are waiting and whining and others are playing their FM9 - it's that simple.

Nearly double the price? Well, math is obviously not your strong suit...Neither apparently is understanding supply and demand.

And by the way, some are waiting and whining and others are playing their FM9 - it's that simple.
New reverb listings right now start at $3051.85 + 105.68 shipping, so $3157.53 which is 1.97 times (nearly double) the price of a new unit from fractal ($1,599.99).

Don't overpay the scalpers, just get an FM3. You could buy two FM3's and an FC6 for less than an FM9 on reverb, and could sell them at about the price you bought them when you get an FM9 invite.

Last edited:
People can list for whatever they want, and if it is still on Reverb, that means no one was willing to pay it. Take a look at the sales to date and they average around $2200. I am "next in line" on the list and will patiently wait on another great offering from Fractal (former AX8 and current FM3).

New reverb listings right now start at $3051.85 + 105.68 shipping, so $3157.53 which is 1.97 times (nearly double) the price of a new unit from fractal ($1,599.99).

Dude, unfortunately you don't know what you're talking about:

The seller for the $3051.58 unit is located in Hungary, Europe. This price includes VAT (27%) and is equal to 2599 Euro. According to the European distributer (G66.eu) the price for a new FM9 will be around 2100 Euro (including VAT). That makes it a markup of 23% and not "nearly double". So keep your hair on.

Last edited:
Dude, unfortunately you don't know what you're talking about:

The seller for the $3051.58 unit is located in Hungary, Europe. This price includes VAT (27%) and is equal to 2599 Euro. According to the European distributer (G66.eu) the price for a new FM9 will be around 2100 Euro (including VAT). That makes it a markup of 23% and not "nearly double". So keep your hair on.
I'd recommend reading https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/forum-rules.25484/.

Well, math is obviously not your strong suit...Neither apparently is understanding supply and demand

Well, already did. And I found @Casimir's post to be perfectly in line with it (as is mine, btw).

"1. First and foremost, be civil and courteous. Attacks, insults or harassment of others will not be tolerated."

I could say that reading is obviously not your strong suit, but that would be an insult, wouldn't it?

Sorry, I can't help but get a little upset when I see people write insulting things and then pretend they are being perfectly nice.

"1. First and foremost, be civil and courteous. Attacks, insults or harassment of others will not be tolerated."

I could say that reading is obviously not your strong suit, but that would be an insult, wouldn't it?

Sorry, I can't help but get a little upset when I see people write insulting things and then pretend they are being perfectly nice.
Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom