Waitlist Email

Anyone have a link to the Google spreadsheet that was created? I‘ve lost track of it and this thread is now over a thousand posts. Can’t seem to find the right search term either. TIA.

If I had to guess, I would say the last couple of days of shipments were the last of the first batch that were being held for people who were on the fence or unresponsive. There may be a few more, so hang in there. We are probably all waiting on the next batch before we see any significant movement. But then, what do I know…. 😂😂😂

If I had to guess, I would say the last couple of days of shipments were the last of the first batch that were being held for people who were on the fence or unresponsive. There may be a few more, so hang in there. We are probably all waiting on the next batch before we see any significant movement. But then, what do I know…. 😂😂😂
I've got a theory. I think Fractal sends out invite requests in batches. Then they set aside units for that batch and wait some time to see how many are actually ordered. If they have invites that are still outstanding after that time period, then they release any remaining units back into the pool. Once they get enough "available units" for another pool of invites to be sent out, they send out another batch.

Ok, so two questions: how many invites in a batch and how long do they hold the units? I'm going with 10 units per batch, and they hold them for 1 week.

Think about it. We can probably figure out the batch size by thinking about how many people they process on a really slow day when we move only a couple minutes. Like yesterday we got through a couple minutes. Not unreasonable to assume there were about 10 people sending in invite requests in those couple of minutes. On faster days, maybe they process more than one batch.

We are now up to almost 1:40 pm--40 minutes after they went live. Assuming they averaged around five waitlist e-mails received every minute for that first 40 minutes, that would work out to 200 units. Plus 100-200 VIP units. That would put is in the "few hundred" units that Cliff mentioned as available for order.

Now...about how long do you think Fractal sets aside invites? I'm going to go with a week because there we were were trucking along at a steady pace until I think Thurs of last week. And then we had a long pause...of about a week. During that time, they gathered up the next batch or two of 10 to launch a new set of invites, which happened Tuesday (ish...I might be off on the details, but you get the idea).

So what does that mean? I think it means they were trying to pace themselves to get to October by limiting the pace of invites sent out. But more people are ordering than they expected so they ran out of reconstituted pools to send out. They did come up with a few extra units released back into the pool and released those this week. So....will they have any more to release until the next batch? I doubt it. This is the mental duct tape holding together my prediction that we won't see my time (1:41 Eastern) for a while yet.

About 99% conjecture and 1% truth...but this is how you gotta cope with it, right? :cool::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
The amount of time and theories that get posted on this thread is astonishing to me. Reading these threads is helping me pass the time while I play my guitar and wait for my invite. 8/27 1:41 ET :D

Oh, man. I'm 1:11pm PST, so there are a couple more 'hours' to go. But, i was all set to wait months, not days or weeks.
Damn. Just getting comfortable with the Kemper, but now i'll have to shoot them out sooner rather than later.

I have been out of the Fractalverse for a couple of years, having sold an AX8 back then. Can y'all tell me about the Fractal effects?
With the Kemper, i've been using a pretty involved pedalboard. Mostly ODs, a few fuzzes, but also a UA Golden Reverberator and as of yesterday, a Strymon Volante. I like the improvement of the UA reverb over the Kemper's, and the Volante is probably more about having easy/quick access to controls for tweaking, and not necessarily about quality vs Kemper delays. Same with the ODs. I'm just happier to turn a knob than to do menu and cursor stuff in Rig Manager. Plus, the way Kemper Drives are set up, it's just dorky to choose 'Klon 1' or Klon 4,' etc.

I never edit on the hardware devices—Kemper or AX8—just the computer editor.

So, am i going to want to keep using a pedalboard, or will Fractal effects make me feel like it's a waste of money and space?
This is not really the right thread to ask as this one is about the FM9 wait list. I'd recommend starting a new thread.

Matt P commented on a FB post earlier today that they have had to take a brief break from FM9 invites to service orders coming in for the FXIII Turbo and to get a new batch of FM3s on to the Store. He said he would post a NOW SERVING message when invites resumed.

Back
Top Bottom