Waitlist Email

It meant that I put my email in to the waitlist on the first hour of the first day that it was announced. That was intended to help some get an idea of the amount of time between getting on the waitlist to getting a purchase invite. Sorry for the confusion.

Since we're minute by minute in the first hour, lol... I would assume you got in during the first 1/2 hour.

Stop torturing yourself! Live in the Now!!! ;p
images

It be cool to see where you are on the list. Like am I number 32 or 476?
It'd be nice, but don't hold your breath. The sales department would be constantly bombarded with requests.

It could be automated, but someone, like a competitor, could possibly repeatedly hit that service and figure out interesting information that Fractal would prefer to keep confidential, like how many people signed up over a given interval of time, and then know what sort of demand there is. Of course that'd depend on the interface and required parameters, but diving into the data revealed happens all the time.

Also, with people signing up from posts on different sites, not just here, there are a lot more people than we, in our little microcosm, think, and that'd discourage people, who, live we've seen, say they're going to buy an alternate product. Luckily the FM3 and FX3 already exist to woo them into alternate Fractal devices, but I'm sure Fractal would like to see them not consider anything but their own.

It'd be nice, but don't hold your breath. The sales department would be constantly bombarded with requests.

It could be automated, but someone, like a competitor, could possibly repeatedly hit that service and figure out interesting information that Fractal would prefer to keep confidential, like how many people signed up over a given interval of time, and then know what sort of demand there is. Of course that'd depend on the interface and required parameters, but diving into the data revealed happens all the time.

Also, with people signing up from posts on different sites, not just here, there are a lot more people than we, in our little microcosm, think, and that'd discourage people, who, live we've seen, say they're going to buy an alternate product. Luckily the FM3 and FX3 already exist to woo them into alternate Fractal devices, but I'm sure Fractal would like to see them not consider anything but their own.
Dammit! You and your common sense! I like the idea of knowing where I am on the list, but no!!! You had to come up with all the reasons why it’s not a good idea, didn’t you?!? I hope you feel good about yourself, smarty pants 😂😂😂😂

Dammit! You and your common sense! I like the idea of knowing where I am on the list, but no!!! You had to come up with all the reasons why it’s not a good idea, didn’t you?!? I hope you feel good about yourself, smarty pants 😂😂😂😂
<shrugs> I ran list servers for years, and was the chief tech and head of desktop support for big groups of users in a big semiconductor company and I try to look at it from both sides.

It'd be nice if we could look up where we sit, both in an estimate in days from where they're currently serving, and in relation to the entire list for those who are a long way from being served.

The problem is we're dealing with some instability in the supply chain, so any guesstimate for the first, "how many days away am I?", can grow when there's a delay receiving the mother boards, then people freak out when they see the number going up. People freaking results in some of them not being able to handle it and spewing all over the forum, or harassing Fractal, and neither are positive situations, so IMO, Fractal is right to not say anything. Similarly, the situation of people finding out they're sitting at 2,999 out of 3,000 in the queue will discourage too many and that could cause them to make decisions that Fractal doesn't want, so, either way it seems like Fractal should just stay quiet, and let people think what they want.

I also suspect, human nature being what it is, that people would jump onto the list in speculation, like ticket scalpers, hoping that when they're close to being served they could figure out a way to auction off their invitation to those at the end. People are so inventive those ways.

P.S. - I'm currently sitting two minutes from the most recent times served. Yeah. Two. Fricken. Minutes. That's because I was trying to figure out if the FM9 announcement was a spoof or weirdly timed April Fool's joke and watched two videos to confirm it was the real deal, and then sent my RSVP in.

Two. Fricken. Minutes. I'd probably be sitting back twiddling knobs on a new FM9 right now, but, NOOOOooooo, I was skeptical. LOL :)

Last edited:
P.S. - I'm currently sitting two minutes from the most recent times served. Yeah. Two. Fricken. Minutes. That's because I was trying to figure out if the FM9 announcement was a spoof or weirdly timed April Fool's joke and watched two videos to confirm it was the real deal, and then sent my RSVP in.

Two. Fricken. Minutes. I'd probably be sitting back twiddling knobs on a new FM9 right now, but, NOOOOooooo, I was skeptical. LOL :)

I could have been on the list at least two hours sooner that I am. I was going through the specs on the Fractal web site looking to see what the capabilities of the unit are before deciding to get on the list. Once I determined that it did some things that my current rig doesn't do easily, I decided to get on the list and purchase one. I was doing this research during my work day so it took a little time.

Hahahahah that’s why I jumped on the waitlist before I even read a single spec about it. I knew if it was an FM with more than 3 switches, I wanted it. :) it wasn’t until after I was on the list that I started reading the specs.
Same here, did it immediately. Unfortunately I did not see the post until 2:23EST on the 27th.

Back
Top Bottom