Waitlist Email

Rereading this, I think there's hopeful enthusiasm afoot.

It doesn't say the invitation was received, so it seems he's hoping that the invitation list will move quickly from the current 1:32 PM EDT to 1:40 PM EDT in a day, which is extremely unlikely. We can all go back to sleep now, the fire-drill is over.
Ughh, I fear you may be correct.

Amazing how at 43 minutes I felt so close, but at 51 minutes I feel months away.

That’s how it always is with these waitlist threads. A post comes along that is either mistaken, misinterpreted or incomplete. Then there is a flood of worried posts — “Why haven’t I received my invite yet?” Eventually, the error is discovered, and people relax.

It’ll happen again. Just watch...

Ughh, I fear you may be correct.

Amazing how at 43 minutes I felt so close, but at 51 minutes I feel months away.
From my tracking of the values, I see the list moving ahead about two minutes/day. As the number of people who got on the list per day tapers off that two minutes will increase.

We saw that during the FM3 wait period.

That’s how it always is with these waitlist threads. A post comes along that is either mistaken, misinterpreted or incomplete. Then there is a flood of worried posts — “Why haven’t I received my invite yet?” Eventually, the error is discovered, and people relax.

It’ll happen again. Just watch...
Eventually there comes a point for pitchforks and torches and people standing outside at night muttering to themselves. :)

Well, I ended up just getting another AF3. I didnt get on the waiting list until 8/30 anyways. I sold my AF3 Mk1 a couple years ago and there's several firmware updates I didn't get to try. Also I'm debating which FC I want to get though, 6 or 12.

Well ,my wife bought me an axefx few years back and used her cc and my FAS account so she had to provide photo id. Its a fraud protection issue. She had to contact Mark at FAS. So yeah it was true under those circumstances.
Similarly, I was in Mexico on vacation when my FM3 invite came in. I ordered immediately, and sales put a freeze on it because they saw that the IP address for my order came from Mexico and my card and shipping information was for the U.S. I exchanged several email messages with sales, and they felt it was a legitimate order, and I received the unit right after I got home.

FAS watches this stuff for their own protection, and its side effect is we get protected.

I guess the moral of the story is: Always use protection.

Rereading this, I think there's hopeful enthusiasm afoot.

It doesn't say the invitation was received, so it seems he's hoping that the invitation list will move quickly from the current 1:32 PM EDT to 1:40 PM EDT in a day, which is extremely unlikely. We can all go back to sleep now, the fire-drill is over.

Sorry, i didn’t post the time. My invitation email came in this morning at 10:26 AM PST. I also emailed fractal sales, they gave the ok on 2 units.

He's referring to adding the fractalaudio.com domain to your whitelist. That will cover everything.
If you're saying Contacts or Address Book, I understand. I've heard the word 'whitelist' used before, but am not sure what that refers to.

Similarly, I was in Mexico on vacation when my FM3 invite came in. I ordered immediately, and sales put a freeze on it because they saw that the IP address for my order came from Mexico and my card and shipping information was for the U.S. I exchanged several email messages with sales, and they felt it was a legitimate order, and I received the unit right after I got home.

FAS watches this stuff for their own protection, and its side effect is we get protected.

I guess the moral of the story is: Always use protection.
I had the same thing happen when I ordered my AXE-FXIII MK I. I was on a cruise using the on-board wifi to order. Fractal flagged the order but a short call with Mark solved the issue and my FXIII was delivered the day after I got back from vacation.

If you're saying Contacts or Address Book, I understand. I've heard the word 'whitelist' used before, but am not sure what that refers to.
It depends on your mail tool and/or ISP...

Usually there's some option for "safe senders" or something similar.

It depends on your mail tool and/or ISP...

Usually there's some option for "safe senders" or something similar.

Will check in a minute. Thx.

EDIT: Just checked my Mail under the Junk tab. Boxes were checked for "Allow email addresses saved in Contacts" and "Allow Previous Recipients eMails."

The waitlist email arrived in my inbox, and Fractal Audio is saved in my Contacts. Will be diligent if the invite comes in as spam.

Last edited:
Waitlisted - 12:35 CST yet to receive an invite. No fractal email has ever gone missing from my inbox - so this is weird if someone else got an invite ahead of me!

Back
Top Bottom