Waitlist Email

eldub0844, when did you get on the FM9 waitlist? I'm so close to just buying a QC even though I know the effects aren't anywhere near as good because I've been waiting on the FM9 since 4/2 and FM3 since 4/15.

eldub0844, when did you get on the FM9 waitlist? I'm so close to just buying a QC even though I know the effects aren't anywhere near as good because I've been waiting on the FM9 since 4/2 and FM3 since 4/15.
That isn’t a very long wait. I was on the waitlist for 6 months. Some were on it for over a year. Seems like they are waiting on a restock. There are still chip supply chain issues.

Neural just had a big data leak because they didn’t prioritize a security fix they were warned about a year ago. They were too busy working on the next Archetype plugins… Progress on the QC development is slow as molasses and they still don’t have a desktop editor. Compound all the above with the fact that their effects aren’t as good and I just personally don’t see the draw.

Wait it out. You’ll be glad you did.

I went from Axe FX III to QC and then to FM9.

Audio is subjective so I'm not going in to detail, but I have no regrets about my choice.

Data breaches aren't subjective, especially the manner in which they're handled, which just made the decision easier.

I'd still have made this choice if there were a waitlist where I'm currently living.

Hang in there. I had a QC while I was on FM9 waitlist. I love the FM9 so much more. Just a more mature ecosystem. So flexible. Effects are better. No power supply issues. Robust casing. Overall no comparison IMHO.

I do think neural doesn’t prioritize the QC either. Every plug-in that came out just made me crazy.

I'm to that point where I'm very happy with the gear and see some surplus and don't want it. I think that the Fractals contribute to my desire to thin the herd because they cover so many bases, so extra pedals start to grate on me. So, this week I've been putting several up for sale daily.

And, for many years I was trying to find my happy place on my Strat sound, and had bought several guitars that roamed around that sound, but about a month ago got a good deal on an Xotic Strat (XSC-2PRO) and it's an animal. And, prior to that I bought a PRS 509, and between the two they've replaced my Fender American Deluxe that I've "adjusted" for a late 50's sound and another with the same components for the maple neck version. So they're going up soon.

My '69 Martin D-35 is on the block now, and my guitar tech has a wonderful 000-28 Eric Clapton that he adjusted to play incredibly, so I'm hoping to sell enough to grab that and sell my two Taylors.

Pedals are going, guitars are going, and I feel really good about it. I have two boutique tube amps I've used for many years, that rotate with the Fractals just 'cause, and I see the writing on the wall that the Fractals will replace the tubes.

It's the circle of life. :)
@Greg Ferguson - Have you tried any of the PRS Strats? (Silver Sky) I had a friend buy one of the cheaper SE Silver Sky's and even that sounded pretty darn good! I'm assuming that you have, since you've been around the block, like many of us.

It seems like not many are reporting when they got on the waitlist and when they got their invitation and unit. Has FAS slowed down shipping units bc of supply chain? Even the FM3 is waitlisted now, which is kind of shocking.

Maybe it's happening with folks that are just not on this message board, but things seem quiet and slow.

It seems like not many are reporting when they got on the waitlist and when they got their invitation and unit. Has FAS slowed down shipping units bc of supply chain? Even the FM3 is waitlisted now, which is kind of shocking.

Maybe it's happening with folks that are just not on this message board, but things seem quiet and slow.
When I got on the waitlist I think the most recent confirmation was 4 weeks and 1 day. I got on the waitlist 4/18 and haven't heard anything yet.

I agree, people hopping in hear and sharing that theirs is in the mail is great news but give us some insight on when you got on the waitlist.

Hi all. Thanks for your continued patience.

We're currently sold out of FM9s.

We expect to restock and resume invitations on around June 20.
Thank you so much for the heads up.

What about the FM3's?
I originally signed up on the FM3 waitlist on 3/27 and but that waitlist thread is inactive.

I kind of gave me a feeling the FM3's would be out of stock for an extended time so I signed up for the FM9 on 4/3. If the FM9's will be out sooner I'll flip something to make up the difference so I'm ready when the invite message for the FM9 comes.

Thanks for the heads up!
My son has the AX8, is on the list and is excited to move into the current generation of the Worlds Best Modelers!

Fantastic. None of that "soon stuff" Admin is showing the way forward for those that continually fall back on "soon" for every response to a date they don't know or refuse to say, if that is all you have don't respond. We've heard "soon" for decades, didn't work then, doesn't work now.

Keep showing the way Admin, perhaps those who work here for free or otherwise will take note.

Fantastic. None of that "soon stuff" Admin is showing the way forward for those that continually fall back on "soon" for every response to a date they don't know or refuse to say, if that is all you have don't respond. We've heard "soon" for decades, didn't work then, doesn't work now.

Keep showing the way Admin, perhaps those who work here for free or otherwise will take note.
Now another thread you complain about “soon”... Wait until everyone ignores you and you wonder why no one is answering real questions you may have… give it a rest… grow up…

Asking questions that we can't possibly answer often results in "soon"...

Responding with frequent snarky responses like this often results in the Ignore button being pressed.

Back
Top Bottom