Waitlist Email

I initially got on the FM3 waitlist on 3/27. Later I saw this thread was pretty active and the FM3 waitlist wasn't at all. People were getting FM9's in about 4wks at that time. I considered the advantages the FM9 has over the FM3 and how I could easily offset the cost difference by selling a few things I don't use anymore. That was the tipping point for me. I got on the FM9 waitlist on 3/28. 😀

I still haven't listed anything for sale though. 😂
I'm really bad about that.
I better get on that ASAP.

Last edited:
Long time listener, first time caller.

Got on FM9 waitlist 4/18. Haven't gotten the invite yet. Might give it another couple weeks before just going AF3.

Given that nobody has received a unit for about a month, it seems like they are currently in the middle of restocking before they start shipping them out in waves again. Anyone know how long it generally takes them to restock?

I initially got on the FM3 waitlist on 3/27. Later I saw this thread was pretty active and the FM3 waitlist wasn't at all. People were getting FM9's in about 4wks at that time. I considered the advantages the FM9 has over the FM3 and how I could easily offset the cost difference by selling a few things I don't use anymore. That was the tipping point for me. I got on the FM9 waitlist on 3/28. 😀

I still haven't listed anything for sale though. 😂
I'm really bad about that.
I better get on that ASAP.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, I'll sell other pedals that sit idle.....LOL

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, I'll sell other pedals that sit idle.....LOL
It's OK, we understand. I've been using modelers since the Line 6 X3 Live, switched to Fractal after multiple Helix, bought an AX8, sold it and returned back to my tube amps and pedal board, then jumped into Fractal again with the FM3 and FX3. And I'm now, finally, tearing apart the pedal board to sell everything on it.

I kept it only for sentimental reasons because I prefer the sounds of the Fractal's effect blocks, and decided a couple days ago that if I need to use effects at a gig the Fractals are better choices, so there we are.

You'll be very happy with the FM3 I'm sure, it's an awesome unit.

Eh… FM3… FM9… what's the difference between 6 switches. :)

Last edited:
It's OK, we understand. I've been using modelers since the Line 6 X3 Live, switched to Fractal after multiple Helix, bought an AX8, sold it and returned back to my tube amps and pedal board, then jumped into Fractal again with the FM3 and FX3. And I'm now, finally, tearing apart the pedal board to sell everything on it.

I kept it only for sentimental reasons because I prefer the sounds of the Fractal's effect blocks, and decided a couple days ago that if I need to use effects at a gig the Fractals are better choices, so there we are.

You'll be very happy with the FM3 I'm sure, it's an awesome unit.
Nooo, I just bought an FM9, previously had an AX8, most recently had an Axe-Fx II as far as Fractal Audio gear, sold that stuff, bought a Helix Floor unit, never opened the box, had crushed my pinky finger, very painful healing process, recently purchased a Line 6 HX Stomp (yawn, not crazy about it), got scammed out of an FM9 purchase, and refunded on eBay, and now I'm on the Waitlist here for an FM9!:laughing:

Nooo, I just bought an FM9, previously had an AX8, most recently had an Axe-Fx II as far as Fractal Audio gear, sold that stuff, bought a Helix Floor unit, never opened the box, had crushed my pinky finger, very painful healing process, recently purchased a Line 6 HX Stomp (yawn, not crazy about it), got scammed out of an FM9 purchase, and refunded on eBay, and now I'm on the Waitlist here for an FM9!:laughing:
Ouch. You deserve a break.

I would like to trim the herd enough so everything fits on the rack by my desk but that's not going to happen. I keep a '80 SF Bassman, Plexi modded YBA-1, 6505+, Tweaker 15, 2 killer modified mid century tube PA's and a little Bugera T5 that's not worth selling.

I keep a rack rig under it that I want to consolidate a little so I can eliminate a 4U case so there's enough room on top of of my 6U case to keep my FM9 on it.

For now I'll sell a Digitech 2112/2120 Artist, a Digitech Valve FX, an older Peavey Delta Blues 115 and a Silvertone 1482. I have two 1482's. One I call my time capsule amp because I bought it from a guy that found it in a house he was cleaning out still packed in its original box and a beater I replaced the speaker baffle board and speaker in. I'm not sure which I want to sell. They are each a little different but both are awesome.

Last edited:
I would like to trim the herd enough so everything fits on the rack by my desk but that's not going to happen. I keep a '80 SF Bassman, Plexi modded YBA-1, 6505+, Tweaker 15, 2 killer modified mid century tube PA's and a little Bugera T5 that's not worth selling.

I keep a rack rig under it that I want to consolidate a little so I can eliminate a 4U case so there's enough room on top of of my 6U case to keep my FM9 on it.

For now I'll sell a Digitech 2112/2120 Artist, a Digitech Valve FX, an older Peavey Delta Blues 115 and a Silvertone 1482. I have two 1482's. One I call my time capsule amp because I bought it from a guy that found it in a house he was cleaning out still packed in its original box and a beater I replaced the speaker baffle board and speaker in. I'm not sure which I want to sell. They are different but both awesome.
I'm to that point where I'm very happy with the gear and see some surplus and don't want it. I think that the Fractals contribute to my desire to thin the herd because they cover so many bases, so extra pedals start to grate on me. So, this week I've been putting several up for sale daily.

And, for many years I was trying to find my happy place on my Strat sound, and had bought several guitars that roamed around that sound, but about a month ago got a good deal on an Xotic Strat (XSC-2PRO) and it's an animal. And, prior to that I bought a PRS 509, and between the two they've replaced my Fender American Deluxe that I've "adjusted" for a late 50's sound and another with the same components for the maple neck version. So they're going up soon.

My '69 Martin D-35 is on the block now, and my guitar tech has a wonderful 000-28 Eric Clapton that he adjusted to play incredibly, so I'm hoping to sell enough to grab that and sell my two Taylors.

Pedals are going, guitars are going, and I feel really good about it. I have two boutique tube amps I've used for many years, that rotate with the Fractals just 'cause, and I see the writing on the wall that the Fractals will replace the tubes.

It's the circle of life. :)

...and here I am buying guitars - recent purchases include my FM9 with twin EV1's, an Ibanez EW12 string acoustic/electric, and an LTD EC-401. Just looking for the right baratone guitar, and I think my GAS will be satisfied...

Last edited:
...and here I am buying guitars - recent purchases include my FM9 with twin EV1's, an Ibanez EW12 string acoustic/electric, and an LTD EC-401. Just looking for the right baratone guitar, and I think my GAS will be satisfied...
GAS, cannot be satisfied!

On the list for FM9 around 5/10, then jumped on a week or so later for EV-2s. I'll be able to reduce the footprint of my live rig without giving up a thing. Amazing, eh? Refactoring to fit everything into two Pelican cases. The AXE-III will stay home.

On the list for FM9 around 5/10, then jumped on a week or so later for EV-2s. I'll be able to reduce the footprint of my live rig without giving up a thing. Amazing, eh? Refactoring to fit everything into two Pelican cases. The AXE-III will stay home.
It could stay at MY house:smile:

FM9 G66 Availability on website today
  • Available, delivery time appr. 1-4 workdays
  • Add a G66/Fractal Audio T-shirt for free
  • Price €2,299.00, USD $2,479

Back
Top Bottom