Waitlist Email

Or I can do both ways and I actually already did. I immediately contacted sales and after one day I got an answer:

So they sent me an invite link without holding the unit for me even for 1 day and without enough units in stock.
I received the invitation at 1:02 PM, saw it after 2 hours and when I came home and finally tried to order it was already too late. It looks like someone in fractal audio didn’t count units in stock before sending invites. If I understand correctly the invitation link isn’t individual and does not guarantee you anything. So after 3 months of waiting I see dozens of units on reverb and get an invitation that doesn't work after a couple of hours.
I’m really confused and heavily insulted by this situation (not about an out of stock situation but about an invitation that doesn’t work).
After such a situation I don’t think I’ll have any interest or time invested in participating and discussing such processes.
Because no money is taken upfront, the waitlist isn't a reservation system, rather for the ability to purchase one. Some people on the waitlist might not have the money to buy one immediately upon receiving the invitation, but can use it to make the purchase at any point after that so long as there is stock available.

I received the invitation at 1:02 PM, saw it after 2 hours and when I came home and finally tried to order it was already too late. It looks like someone in fractal audio didn’t count units in stock before sending invites.

First off, we're sorry this happened to you. Managing the end of a waitlist phase is extremely challenging. I assure you that we did count, and we specifically sent fewer invites than we thought were needed, expecting to send our "final batch" on Tuesday 12/14. What happened was a weird burst of orders, some which seemed to have been "stragglers".

If you've emailed sales, we already have you on a short list to re-notify when we re-supply. We can't say how long that will be, regrettably, because we recently received bad supply chain news, but we're working now on a way to allow the production of more units despite this.

Again, sorry for the stale invitation, but realistically, you probably should have received no invitation, so the end result is the same aside from the whiplash—which we really do regret.

First off, we're sorry this happened to you. Managing the end of a waitlist phase is extremely challenging. I assure you that we did count, and we specifically sent fewer invites than we thought were needed, expecting to send our "final batch" on Tuesday 12/14. What happened was a weird burst of orders, some which seemed to have been "stragglers".

If you've emailed sales, we already have you on a short list to re-notify when we re-supply. We can't say how long that will be, regrettably, because we recently received bad supply chain news, but we're working now on a way to allow the production of more units despite this.

Again, sorry for the stale invitation, but realistically, you probably should have received no invitation, so the end result is the same aside from the whiplash—which we really do regret.
Thank you for your clarification and information, I really appreciate it.

I think when the word got out that the supply was running low it made some people that were undecided to jump and get the unit. They all knew that if they decided they didn't like it or couldn't really afford it in the end that they could sell it and probably get more for it than what they paid so there is pretty much a guarantee of no money lost to try one. I have seen posts on other forums that suggests this is what happened. I have seen a number of posts from people that had been setting on their invitation and were even thinking about passing on it that decided to pull the trigger when they heard that stock was almost out and there would be another wait.

Or I can do both ways and I actually already did. I immediately contacted sales and after one day I got an answer:

So they sent me an invite link without holding the unit for me even for 1 day and without enough units in stock.
I received the invitation at 1:02 PM, saw it after 2 hours and when I came home and finally tried to order it was already too late. It looks like someone in fractal audio didn’t count units in stock before sending invites. If I understand correctly the invitation link isn’t individual and does not guarantee you anything. So after 3 months of waiting I see dozens of units on reverb and get an invitation that doesn't work after a couple of hours.
I’m really confused and heavily insulted by this situation (not about an out of stock situation but about an invitation that doesn’t work).
After such a situation I don’t think I’ll have any interest or time invested in participating and discussing such processes.

I am a bit confused on all of this. I received my invite and ordered around the same time, 2pm Friday. My order was confirmed, but not yet processed. I assume the processing has to do with actually accepting payment and shipment details?? Hopefully, I made it in time.

I am a bit confused on all of this. I received my invite and ordered around the same time, 2pm Friday. My order was confirmed, but not yet processed. I assume the processing has to do with actually accepting payment and shipment details?? Hopefully, I made it in time.
They will process and ship the next business day.

I think when the word got out that the supply was running low it made some people that were undecided to jump and get the unit. They all knew that if they decided they didn't like it or couldn't really afford it in the end that they could sell it and probably get more for it than what they paid so there is pretty much a guarantee of no money lost to try one. I have seen posts on other forums that suggests this is what happened. I have seen a number of posts from people that had been setting on their invitation and were even thinking about passing on it that decided to pull the trigger when they heard that stock was almost out and there would be another wait.

I got on the waitlist late (about a month after it came out), so when I heard the stock was running low, I said screw it and just brought one off of Reverb. I paid about $2,250, so its 500-600 more than waiting, but honestly, it was worth it. I expected it to be good, but coming from a Helix, it was a pretty big upgrade for me in terms of feel and sounds. And the Helix was a big upgrade for me coming from an Axe FX II. I usually use third party IRs in the Helix, but so far, I've barely touched them in the FM9 since the presets are so good and I can usually tweak one to find what I need.

Unless someone cares about the warranty, I'd say just bite the bullet and get one off of Reverb. Judging by the wait time so far, I wouldn't have gotten an invite until fall or winter next year. Just don't feed into the scalpers on Reverb who are trying to charge like $3,000 for one lol.

I think I am kind of lucky, although I do confess that I am getting excited about the prospect of the FM9 in my future.

My first modeler was an AX8, which worked well for me for some time. When the FM3 was released, I was able to sell my AX8 and upgrade to the FM3 (not that much of an upgrade was needed -- the AX8 was itself quite stellar). The FM3 continues to serve me well -- I had the opportunity to gig with it just this past weekend. This is why I say I may be "lucky".......I have no practical urgency to upgrade to anything else, as really the FM3 works just fine for everything I need to do live right now.

But enter the FM9.......with those extra buttons....extra things to try out live.....dang seductive temptress.......

So on to the FM9 waitlist I have now gone......recently. Does anyone have a read on -- roughly -- how long it might be until recent waitlist entires on to the FM9 due start getting fulfilled?

I think I am kind of lucky, although I do confess that I am getting excited about the prospect of the FM9 in my future.

My first modeler was an AX8, which worked well for me for some time. When the FM3 was released, I was able to sell my AX8 and upgrade to the FM3 (not that much of an upgrade was needed -- the AX8 was itself quite stellar). The FM3 continues to serve me well -- I had the opportunity to gig with it just this past weekend. This is why I say I may be "lucky".......I have no practical urgency to upgrade to anything else, as really the FM3 works just fine for everything I need to do live right now.

But enter the FM9.......with those extra buttons....extra things to try out live.....dang seductive temptress.......

So on to the FM9 waitlist I have now gone......recently. Does anyone have a read on -- roughly -- how long it might be until recent waitlist entires on to the FM9 due start getting fulfilled?
Well, due to supply chain issues they are expecting to begin shipping again sometime in February or March.

Only Fractal knows how many people are on the waitlist and how long somebody that recently got on the waitlist can expect before their number is called.

Does anyone have a read on -- roughly -- how long it might be until recent waitlist entires on to the FM9 due start getting fulfilled?
Back in the old days, prior to the virus, we could make reasonable estimates based on tracking the previous people’s notifications. Now the disruptions make any estimates need to have a disclaimer of “if everything goes as normal”, which it hasn’t and won’t for a while.

Fractal won’t say for a multitude of reasons. I’ve been tracking the announcements because of curiosity and I can see that the progress through the waitlist is accelerating, which is expected and is a positive sign, and once they get stock back Fractal will continue making gains on the times people have been waiting. These intermittent pauses push the deliveries back, but the waiting list will still accelerate when they start again.

How much, or when? Well, “if everything goes as normal…” … I dunno.

I am a recent return to Fractal guy. I just put myself on the wait list a week or so ago. I have other things to keep me busy, but am excited for the prospect of owning another Fractal modeler. I'm really in no rush at all, so I don't mind waiting. I'm at the point in my life where I get it when I get it. It's easier for me, too, as I'm just a home hobbyist and don't "need it" to gig or anything.

I don't understand paying more than retail for anything. I won't do it.

I am a recent return to Fractal guy. I just put myself on the wait list a week or so ago. I have other things to keep me busy, but am excited for the prospect of owning another Fractal modeler. I'm really in no rush at all, so I don't mind waiting. I'm at the point in my life where I get it when I get it. It's easier for me, too, as I'm just a home hobbyist and don't "need it" to gig or anything.

I don't understand paying more than retail for anything. I won't do it.
Im a return to a fractal person myself I gig regularly BUT I won’t pay more than retail I use small amps to gig with at the moment but sure looking forward to less gear to move and a

I use small amps to gig with at the moment but sure looking forward to less gear to move
A friend and I had this conversation recently.

We’re not sure that modelers result in less gear to move. We can walk in with a combo and gig bag and be set-up in a couple minutes. Add the pedalboard and add a minute. With a modeler and gig bag, we then go back out and get two FRFR cabs, and spend twenty minutes setting up. And tearing down goes the same way. The advantage with the modeler is it’s like having twenty full rigs without having to deal with their hassle.

My friend is using an AX8 and has a separate board for additional foot pedals and external effect pedals to offload heavy CPU-draining effects, so it takes him a couple more minutes, but we still prefer the modelers.

Im a return to a fractal person myself I gig regularly BUT I won’t pay more than retail I use small amps to gig with at the moment but sure looking forward to less gear to move and a
A friend and I had this conversation recently.

We’re not sure that modelers result in less gear to move. We can walk in with a combo and gig bag and be set-up in a couple minutes. Add the pedalboard and add a minute. With a modeler and gig bag, we then go back out and get two FRFR cabs, and spend twenty minutes setting up. And tearing down goes the same way. The advantage with the modeler is it’s like having twenty full rigs without having to deal with their hassle.

My friend is using an AX8 and has a separate board for additional foot pedals and external effect pedals to offload heavy CPU-draining effects, so it takes him a couple more minutes, but we still prefer the modelers.
I’ve done both I’ve had the fm3 and used small frfr vs 1x12 combo and pedalboard but I will use the fm9 in a very specific venue I play 2 weekends a month that has good monitoring already there either iems or powered wedges. I prefer wedges over iems (I know that goes against current ways) I’m older (60s) and it’s just hard to switch to modelers but I’m gonna try and stick with it this time. I will take guitar gig bag fm9 in bag of some type a few cables that’s it one trip from the car into the venue

Back
Top Bottom