Waitlist Email

I’ve done both I’ve had the fm3 and used small frfr vs 1x12 combo and pedalboard but I will use the fm9 in a very specific venue I play 2 weekends a month that has good monitoring already there either iems or powered wedges. I prefer wedges over iems (I know that goes against current ways) I’m older (60s) and it’s just hard to switch to modelers but I’m gonna try and stick with it this time. I will take guitar gig bag fm9 in bag of some type a few cables that’s it one trip from the car into the venue
Having a club with a capable FOH and the monitors already set up for each player would be awesome. I wouldn't take my two FRFR at that point.

There are a good number of people in that age bracket on the forum, including me, I'm in the top half of it. And, we've all had very similar paths getting to Fractal. Welcome to the club!

I think they were up to somewhere around waitlist date 8-29 or 30 when the supply ran out
The last entriy posted in this thread and on the spreadsheet as of two weeks ago, was 8/28 4:02am. At that point the waitlist had been processing regular users for approximately 104 days, 9 hours.

That shouldn't be depressing though. History and the numbers show that the list processing times are accelerating, meaning that Fractal is covering more time on the wait list for every day they process orders; That varies of course, but the trend will improve once they've received a big supply again. During the FM3 wait list they got to the point where they'd process a day's worth of entries, then beyond that.

The last entriy posted in this thread and on the spreadsheet as of two weeks ago, was 8/28 4:02am. At that point the waitlist had been processing regular users for approximately 104 days, 9 hours.

That shouldn't be depressing though. History and the numbers show that the list processing times are accelerating, meaning that Fractal is covering more time on the wait list for every day they process orders; That varies of course, but the trend will improve once they've received a big supply again. During the FM3 wait list they got to the point where they'd process a day's worth of entries, then beyond that.
Thanks for this! I'm in no hurry, but was wondering what the time frame was, generally speaking. Looks like I'm about three months out, at least. No biggie for me.

A friend and I had this conversation recently.

We’re not sure that modelers result in less gear to move. We can walk in with a combo and gig bag and be set-up in a couple minutes. Add the pedalboard and add a minute. With a modeler and gig bag, we then go back out and get two FRFR cabs, and spend twenty minutes setting up. And tearing down goes the same way. The advantage with the modeler is it’s like having twenty full rigs without having to deal with their hassle.

My friend is using an AX8 and has a separate board for additional foot pedals and external effect pedals to offload heavy CPU-draining effects, so it takes him a couple more minutes, but we still prefer the modelers.
More or less gear? Depends on how you use it. If you show up to a gig and you use your modeling gear like a stand-alone amp then honestly you will be hauling around just as much if not more gear than if you used your old tube amp -- on the other hand ...

if you used it as a lot of folks do (including myself) which is integrating the Fractal unit with the PA -- then technically all you need is just the unit and a guitar.

I currently use an Axe-fx 3 in a wedding band and I am looking to reduce my load from carrying 3 items (axe, fc12, and guitar) to two just 2 items (FM9 and GTR) and just plug into PA.

I use one of the PA's monitors for myself and it is set to mirror FOH.

By doing this we keep volume creep to zero (stage volume can destroy a good FOH mix especially if you have to play and do sound at the same time).

In any event, the above works for me and my bandmates ... might or might not work for you.

All is good in 22!

More or less gear? Depends on how you use it. If you show up to a gig and you use your modeling gear like a stand-alone amp then honestly you will be hauling around just as much if not more gear than if you used your old tube amp -- on the other hand ...

if you used it as a lot of folks do (including myself) which is integrating the Fractal unit with the PA -- then technically all you need is just the unit and a guitar.

I currently use an Axe-fx 3 in a wedding band and I am looking to reduce my load from carrying 3 items (axe, fc12, and guitar) to two just 2 items (FM9 and GTR) and just plug into PA.

I use one of the PA's monitors for myself and it is set to mirror FOH.

By doing this we keep volume creep to zero (stage volume can destroy a good FOH mix especially if you have to play and do sound at the same time).

In any event, the above works for me and my bandmates ... might or might not work for you.

All is good in 22!
I agree completely. I will be using fm9 and two guitars in dual gig bag n cables. I too do a lot of different material. I also play several weddings a year. Mostly good $$$ gigs so setup has to be quick and sound check fast. Volumn has to be pleasant so people can dance on the floor and also people at tables can talk and not have to scream. Good luck to all in 22

Do any "normal" people have this in Europe yet? I'm kinda aiming for March but I'm literally sticking my finger to the wind with that prediction.

It's definitely more for us because the FOH can't handle the load. It spends half the night breaking up from the vocals and horns it has to handle.

I'm well aware of all that, and, if we had that opportunity we would. Like I said, the FOH can't handle it, and their two monitors are busy handling vocals, so it's on us.

Prior to the virus shutting everything down we'd be playing in a venue that was well equipped and had plenty of capacity. Unfortunately the owners were elderly and didn't want to spend any money during the downtime, let their liquor licenses expire and sold it, which was a blow to the community. The new owners announced they're "doing something new" but have been stuck in limbo for well over a year, so now we (the community) are trying to pick up the pieces and build up clientele at a different venue that is on a shoestring budget. It's the new paradigm. I heard rumors that the new owners are rethinking their original "something new" plans because they used to be packed almost every night with different bands plus two jams. We'll see.

What’s your source? I landed a PS5 recently, and those were backed up for miles.
I'm an electronics design engineer. He's right. Even once common-stock parts like X7R ceramic caps can be anywhere from 20-50+week lead time. Those are easily substituted usually for another brand ceramic. The more unique parts; however, such as DDR, DSP, clock generators, ADCs etc may be harder to find a proper substitute, so you're stuck with whatever the lead time is from the manufacturer unless you want to re-spin the CCA. It's not uncommon to see a 20-50week lead time on most parts currently.

It's just dumb luck I suppose for us folks who are still on the waitlist. We've no clue what the FM9 bill of materials looks like to make an educated guess at how long the wait will be. Unfortunately.

I think they were up to somewhere around waitlist date 8-29 or 30 when the supply ran out
I got on the wait list 2 days after announcement (8/29) and still haven't received the invite. I checked in around Thanksgiving, just in case i missed the invite, they would neither confirm nor deny that i am still on the wait list.

What’s your source? I landed a PS5 recently, and those were backed up for miles.
Read it in the news. Actually car manufacturers cancelled their chip orders at the beginning of the pandemic and so chip manufacturers reduced their output and fabrication capacities now available were quickly allocated by the consumer electronics industry. Above that the Xiang region in china that is the center of gravity for chinese chip fabrication was hit by the local lockdowns. Car manufacturers don't expect to get back to normal before beginning of the next year.

I got on the wait list 2 days after announcement (8/29) and still haven't received the invite. I checked in around Thanksgiving, just in case i missed the invite, they would neither confirm nor deny that i am still on the wait list.
Who is "they"? Fractal will most definitely tell you if you're on the wait list.

They have not even completed the first day of the list and the stock is depleted until February or March as per the last update.

Who is "they"? Fractal will most definitely tell you if you're on the wait list.

They have not even completed the first day of the list and the stock is depleted until February or March as per the last update.
Wow! that backed up? that's incredible. I have a buddy that is waiting for one as well and he got on the list late.

Back
Top Bottom