• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wah-wah making my sound clip?

Ibanizt

Hey guys!

Yet another troubleshooting post here.

So every time I use my Mission SPL1 with my full setup and the drive on I don't clip at all, but as soon as I turn the drive off it starts clipping when I use the wah function with the pedal. Any suggestions?

This is weird because I did the setup with my guitar to get the levels right. Does the wah-effect boost the Db even if its set to 0 on level?

I can add that the db is about the same when I use the patch with drive and wah, but as soon as I start wah'ing on clean it, the db will peak and it starts to clip... :rage:

Thanks!

barhrecords

Axe-Master
Yes the wah will cause fairly big boosts.

The Wah is one area where the FAS model is a little different than a real pedal in my experience.

None of my real Wah's eat the headroom like this.

unix-guy

Legend!
I've had this frustration, too... You can try setting the wah level down 1.5-2.5dB. Also, you can place a compressor after the wah.

paranoid

Fractal Fanatic
the drive compresses the signal, so it will be easier for the wah to make the output signal louder when playing clean.

Top Bottom