Volume values will not save. Help anyone?

Rebolito

Hello.

I just started to tweak on my new AXE-FX ll XL (Have also a AXE-FX ll, which I have had for little over a year and a half.)

When I change a volume on one effect block to example +2 and saves, it changes to -1.6 when i reload the preset. I edit through the front panel of the unit, so it´s not an Axe-Edit problem.

Any clue what I am doing wrong? Do not have this problem with my other Axe-Fx ll unit.

Hello.

I just started to tweak on my new AXE-FX ll XL (Have also a AXE-FX ll, which I have had for little over a year and a half.)

When I change a volume on one effect block to example +2 and saves, it changes to -1.6 when i reload the preset. I edit through the front panel of the unit, so it´s not an Axe-Edit problem.

Any clue what I am doing wrong? Do not have this problem with my other Axe-Fx ll unit.

Can you post the preset?

Is there a global block overriding your local setting?

All effects or just one?

It´s on every preset. Not just one. If I change the volume from eks. -2 up to +2 (For Rotary, which I feel suck a little bit of volume out, when I kick it in). It happens in the reverb, delay, drive, comp block. So pretty much all blocks.

Eeeeeeeh...... (newbie question) Screenshot of axe edit?

Will make a screenshot of one preset and post it tomorrow when I am back in the studio. Don't have my XL at home.

And, it affects all the presets on the XL.

Last edited:
Do you mean LEVEL? What about other parameters?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I mean Level. Seems like the mixer part is "resetting" when I come back to the preset. (after editing and saving)

Hmmmm..... Having trouble uploading screenshots to the forum:(

Unplugged the MFC. Didn´t help. Seems like it´s also an issue with the output mixer. VERY annoying! I really don't get it.

Starting to panic here!!!

Last edited:
This affects ALL my presets/patches and output mixer. Re-innstalled firmware and factory banks. Only working on 59 bassguy and 69 bassguy while troubleshooting.
When i save:
10524221_714829155239383_6829858410112508938_o.png

When I return to the preset:
10467022_714829148572717_4087343300939145467_n.png

Same problem in the reverb (tremolo/phazer/etc.) block:
Editing and its all good:
10648868_714828228572809_984216294329801358_o.png

When I change preset (of course after saving) and comes back its like this:
10646879_714828231906142_2381036353487896563_n.png

Last edited:
This site does not host photos.

You can put them here by getting link location and placing between

so Rebbe hopped into chat :) and we were able to try a few things.

we first confirmed the problem again, confirmed latest firmware etc.

we then rebooted the axe holding Recall to load a blank preset - added a reverb block, changed the value, saved. going back in the value had returned to the previous. so it's not a corrupt preset.

we then rebooted into Safe Mode on the XL, holding the 2 page buttons, then he reinstalled the latest firmware. tests again, same problem.

tried a Reset System Params in Utility, same problem. tried Strip all Global Data, same problem.

it seems we can't fix the problem with the utilities available to us. he's gonna email G66 and see what can be done about swapping the unit out or if they or someone else has a fix from official support.

i've never seen this issue before, strange. thanks Rebbe for taking the time to go through troubleshooting! sorry i couldn't solve it.

we then rebooted the axe holding Recall to load a blank preset - added a reverb block, changed the value, saved. going back in the value had returned to the previous. so it's not a corrupt preset.

we then rebooted into Safe Mode on the XL, holding the 2 page buttons, then he reinstalled the latest firmware. tests again, same problem.

tried a Reset System Params in Utility, same problem. tried Strip all Global Data, same problem.

it seems we can't fix the problem with the utilities available to us. he's gonna email G66 and see what can be done about swapping the unit out or if they or someone else has a fix from official support.

i've never seen this issue before, strange. thanks Rebbe for taking the time to go through troubleshooting! sorry i couldn't solve it.

You are Mr Kckass helpfulness!
I really wish there were more like you!

Very cool Chris I am glad to see the chat is working

Back
Top Bottom