Volume upon power up

Yianni54

Inspired
So when I turn my xlII+ on its always max volume until I touch the volume pedal. Is there a way to make it so that the volume is where I left it last? Thanks

Please forgive my ignorance but where do I find this option? Thanks
It's a parameter of the modifier. When you attach a modifier, scroll down towards the bottom of the list, and you'll see it. You set it per modifier.

I dont have any modifiers set. I just use it as my volume pedal. And when I turn on my system everyday the volume defaults to max until I touch my pedal and then the volume goes to where the pedal is at physically.

So you only have the issue at turn-on? That's an easy fix. Just bump the pedal once, and you're good for the evening. :)

It sounds like you are set up the same as I am, with the default pedal 1 jack on the MFC for master volume. It's been a long time since I set mine up but it is a setting on the MFC you need to make to get it to start up on the current pedal value. It's in the MFC manual. I'm at work so I can't check it right now but that's where to look to get what you want.

So when I turn my xlII+ on its always max volume until I touch the volume pedal. Is there a way to make it so that the volume is where I left it last? Thanks
I have the same issue, except it's the wah. Regardless of my pedal position (FCB1010), the wah is always fully cocked when I first turn on my Axe. No biggie, though. See below.

So you only have the issue at turn-on? That's an easy fix. Just bump the pedal once, and you're good for the evening. :)
^This. Out of habit, I now just do a quick toe up then down of the pedal when first turning on the Axe. This cures it until the next power-up.

It sounds like you are set up the same as I am, with the default pedal 1 jack on the MFC for master volume. It's been a long time since I set mine up but it is a setting on the MFC you need to make to get it to start up on the current pedal value. It's in the MFC manual. I'm at work so I can't check it right now but that's where to look to get what you want.

Thats what I want you got it. Please let me know where i need to go. I have MFC edit but am not too good with it.

Thats what I want you got it. Please let me know where i need to go. I have MFC edit but am not too good with it.

It sounds like your's is set to OFF. It should be set to PDL. See step 9 on Pg 33 of the pdf manual:

1. Press the EDIT footswitch to enter EDIT MODE.

2. Press MIDI footswitch to select the MIDI menu.

3. Press PAGE"footswitch 15x to get to the Global Expression Pedal Setup screen:

4. Press INCR or DECR to select an expression pedal to edit: XP1, XP2, XP3 or XP4.

5. Press PARAMETER " footswitch to select the CC# field.

6. Tap and/or hold the INCR or DECR footswitches to assign a MIDI CC# from 0-127 or OFF to disable the pedal completely.

7. Press PARAMETER " footswitch to select the MIDI Channel field.

8. Tap and/or hold the INCR or DECR footswitches to assign a MIDI channel.

9. OPTIONAL: Press PARAMETER " footswitch to select a Beginning Value for the selected pedal. This value will be sent when any new preset is loaded as follows:
PDL
(Default) The pedal will be polled and a corresponding MIDI value sent whenever a new preset is loaded.

OFF
The Beginning Value function is switched off. No data is sent until the pedal is moved.

000-127
The selected value will be sent whenever a new preset is loaded.

" To prevent abrupt sound changes, a pedal with a numeric Beginning Value will send updates only after its physical position crosses the threshold of the beginning value. For example, if the initial value is “0”, you will need to move the pedal to “0” (heel position) before the pedal sends any MIDI data.

" The “Beginning Value” should never be set outside the MIN/MAX range of the pedal, whether global (12.4.17) or set for the Preset (12.1.10).

10. PressPARAMETER"toreturntothefirstcursorpositionandrepeatthisprocesstoassign functions to additional pedals, or press EXIT to return to PERFORMANCE MODE.

forgive me for saying, but all that looks like a pita. much easier to have the pedal assigned to an external and connected to a volume block. then you can set the initial value of the external to zero. this gives you exactly the behaviour you want - no sound on powerup until you move the pedal (no matter where the pedal is set)

this gives you exactly the behaviour you want - no sound on powerup until you move the pedal (no matter where the pedal is set)

He said "make it so that the volume is where I left it last", which might not always be 0. Beginning value = PDL may give a more desirable result.

It sounds like your's is set to OFF. It should be set to PDL. See step 9 on Pg 33 of the pdf manual:

1. Press the EDIT footswitch to enter EDIT MODE.

2. Press MIDI footswitch to select the MIDI menu.

3. Press PAGE"footswitch 15x to get to the Global Expression Pedal Setup screen:

4. Press INCR or DECR to select an expression pedal to edit: XP1, XP2, XP3 or XP4.

5. Press PARAMETER " footswitch to select the CC# field.

6. Tap and/or hold the INCR or DECR footswitches to assign a MIDI CC# from 0-127 or OFF to disable the pedal completely.

7. Press PARAMETER " footswitch to select the MIDI Channel field.

8. Tap and/or hold the INCR or DECR footswitches to assign a MIDI channel.

9. OPTIONAL: Press PARAMETER " footswitch to select a Beginning Value for the selected pedal. This value will be sent when any new preset is loaded as follows:
PDL
(Default) The pedal will be polled and a corresponding MIDI value sent whenever a new preset is loaded.

OFF
The Beginning Value function is switched off. No data is sent until the pedal is moved.

000-127
The selected value will be sent whenever a new preset is loaded.

" To prevent abrupt sound changes, a pedal with a numeric Beginning Value will send updates only after its physical position crosses the threshold of the beginning value. For example, if the initial value is “0”, you will need to move the pedal to “0” (heel position) before the pedal sends any MIDI data.

" The “Beginning Value” should never be set outside the MIN/MAX range of the pedal, whether global (12.4.17) or set for the Preset (12.1.10).

10. PressPARAMETER"toreturntothefirstcursorpositionandrepeatthisprocesstoassign functions to additional pedals, or press EXIT to return to PERFORMANCE MODE.
Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom