Volume Swell - delay

Give these a shot mate, EXP 1 is the VOL block at the beginning at the chain. If you have no volume, Shunt the Vol/Pan block at the beginning of the chain.

Thanks man! These are great. As a side note, I also found that just dropping the reverb time and mix some helped the presets @philipacamaniac posted from trailing on for so long. Helpful when working with a keyboard playing a pad as well. Also, I have a Jazzmaster and the rhythm circuit is actually really useful for this because I can drop the volume and roll back the tone with the flick of switch and that softens the attack into the pads. Good stuff guys! Thanks.

Great thread guys. Thanks for the presets. Great for playing P&W.

:rolleyes:o_O:confused::D

I'll agree, great thread! I will be testing these out as well on our praise team,.. .. Just sort of saddens me the state of guitar parts/playing in worship music today - I'll leave that one there to soak I guess..

But it'll be nice to pull up these sounds and have the guys with the Strymon stuff and all the high dollar FX pedals,.. they'll be looking over at me like - :eek:

Don't get me wrong, I was right there with them just a few years ago, all though I wasn't doing too much ambient and triad'ish chords,... I was playing (and still do ) "Real" guitar HAHAHA!

Thanks again!
Rick

Ambient Pad

This patch uses 4 scenes and two volume blocks. Volume 1 is attached to External Controller 1, so if you are connecting your exp pedal somewhere else, be sure to change that appropriately. Volume 2 is an auto-swell using the Envelope Controller, and it's activated in Scene 3 and 4. Be sure to adjust the Envelope Controller threshold for your guitar and style if you plan on using it.

In the sample recording, I'm using my USA Gibson LP Special in the middle position, with both tone knobs rolled back significantly. There is no post processing on the recording; it's straight off the AX8 into my interface.

For extra fun, attach an external switch to the hold on either one of the delays or the reverb block, and activate it after lightly swelling in to the root chord. That chord will infinitely continue underneath the rest of your swells.

Scene 1 - Expression pedal controlled swells. Lush, plex diffusor-type trails.
Scene 2 - Expression pedal controlled swells. Shimmer octave trails.
Scene 3 - Envelope controlled auto-swells. Lush, plex diffusor-type trails.
Scene 4 - Envelope controlled auto-swells. Shimmer octave trails.

View attachment 30951

I guess I can sell my $4000k pedalboard now, the AX8 seems to be able to do everything. Thank you!

Giving this a run this weekend! I usually don’t ambient but I have a bunch of songs that fit this Sunday. It sounds great with the new update!

Great result this weekend with this patch. I made some small changes, removed the chorus, added a drive block. Sound engineer had a lot of compliments and said he boosted me in the mix because it sounded so good. It was a lot of fun to play also. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom