Violin/Cello preset with 4 Awesome free IRs ( and a sloppy Rush cover)

WKSmith

Power User

I found some free IRs in the public domain from The University of Parma in Italy
http://pcfarina.eng.unipr.it/Public/IMP-RESP/Violins/

This should work on the FM3 too since the CPU is only 35% on the FM9

Use version 2 if you don't have an expression pedal.

Version 1 maps the expression to Pedal 1

Y'all Have Fun!! ;)

Big thanks to @rhummellh !!
The IRs are now available in post# 37

Attachments

• FIDDLESTIX 1 exp = pedal 1.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 464
  • FIDDLESTIX 2 (no Exp).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
Sounds incredible thanks man
Do. You think it will track Devil Went down to Georgia 🙄
It won't do the double stops, but if you could pull it off with clean single note legato lines it certainly would.

.... and I want to hear that!!!

It won't do the double stops, but if you could pull it off with clean single note legato lines it certainly would.

.... and I want to hear that!!!
Lol that would not be easy at the speed but it probably do able started by slow and pulling off to open strings

I am feelin a lil dumb but how do you download the IRs. I followed the link but when I click on them they want to play not download.

Wow! This is great! Thanks a lot!!! Love the IR's.
Me too!
In '19 when I started this Fractal journey, I reached out to ask the secret behind Dweezil's cello thing. M@tt said the secret is in the IR. That is 100% the truth.

That and .... the discipline to play clean single notes into a monophonic synth block without any slop to make it glitch.

Last edited:
Cool Thanks ! Ive been playing around with this and tey sound pretty convincing. My only difficulty is on some scenes if Im not very careful and articulate or The sustain of the note drops a little I get some wierd artifact or the synth note jumps an octave on me. Is this kind of the norm ? I suspect it may be related to the difference in guitar (mine being somewhat hotter) What can I play with to adjust for this ?

Cool Thanks ! Ive been playing around with this and tey sound pretty convincing. My only difficulty is on some scenes if Im not very careful and articulate or The sustain of the note drops a little I get some wierd artifact or the synth note jumps an octave on me. Is this kind of the norm ? I suspect it may be related to the difference in guitar (mine being somewhat hotter) What can I play with to adjust for this ?
This is going to sound bad
But honestly your technique
You have to play with it a certain way very accurate , there are certain guitar techniques WK mentioned one above double stops that just will not translate
You have to play it like a violin player would single notes smooth
Slides

This is going to sound bad
But honestly your technique
You have to play with it a certain way very accurate , there are certain guitar techniques WK mentioned one above double stops that just will not translate
You have to play it like a violin player would single notes smooth
Slides
Kind of figure this might be the case. What about the octave jump from the synth ? What causes this ?

Kind of figure this might be the case. What about the octave jump from the synth ? What causes this ?
My guess is that you are hitting or vibrating and open string and the pitch detector. Is picking that up
Or you are slightly bending the held. Note adding vibrato even a little can throw it off if it hears others notes

It’s similar to the feedbacking effect sim with the synth
You need to mute the other strings really well

My only difficulty is on some scenes if Im not very careful and articulate or The sustain of the note drops a little I get some wierd artifact or the synth note jumps an octave on me. Is this kind of the norm ?
Take care to mute every string that's not the one note you're playing at the moment. If an unmuted string starts ringing out, you'll get glitches.

TLDR: if you play tight, clean runs, you'll get tight, clean results.

This is so very cool! Thank you for sharing. Free IR's from Italy, found by you, who taught the settings on the fractal to make my guitar sound like a violin. That's incredible. Fractal community is by far the best.

This is so very cool! Thank you for sharing. Free IR's from Italy, found by you, who taught the settings on the fractal to make my guitar sound like a violin. That's incredible. Fractal community is by far the best.
Welcome to the family!
I love this place too 🙂👍

Reactions: JVG
What would be required to port this to the FM3, even if only an approximation? Would be very nice to see a screen capture of the grid.

Back
Top Bottom