VIDEO: YYZ (Cover) - Rush - Sean Ashe Axe FX II Firmware 7.0 (Patch inside too :) )

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey everyone, Sean Ashe here with a new upload, and this time I decided to cover 'YYZ' by the almighty progressive rock band RUSH! This one was a blast, and I always have fun playing Rush. I first attempted their music when I had just started out and I've been jamming them ever since!

For this video I used the original stems, and then took out the guitar. I 'tonematched' Alex Lifeson's guitar stem and I personally think it sounds exact (or close enough haha)

Then i basically just set levels in my DAW and exported :)

Gear Used:

Sterling By Musicman JP50 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab+Liquifire Pickups
Ernie Ball Cobalt Strings
Fractal Audio Axe FX II
Protools 9

If you want the patch, it can be found in the description of the youtube video, or on AxeChange :)

Hope you enjoy, it's not perfect, but I had fun :)

Great job! Terrific playing, tone and video production. Maybe they'll get in the HOF in your lifetime (doubt it'll be in mine).

Thanks everyone for the kind words I'm glad you enjoy it :)

if someone downloads the patch, please let me know if it works or not, I'm super unconfident about exporting patches as it's always possible something can go wrong and I am using the 7.0 Beta.

You started to play Limelight and the tone sounded spot-on. You should do that one too. I love that song.

Well done! You make it look so simple. I kinda hate you for that! :)

hahaha thanks man, and no it's ALL about practice! I'm the worlds worst self critic so I find something wrong with my playing no matter what, and then I'm just too OCD about guitar not to attempt to fix it lol!

Great job Sean! Not only did you do a good job matching the tone but more important, you NAILED the performance!

You looked like you were having a really good time. Tones are spot on man. Nice work.

Back
Top Bottom