Video: Play-through of original tune + Axe-Edit Scenes

AdamCook

Power User
Hi Guys,
I put together a video to do a play-through demonstration of a tune I wrote. I also overlay an Axe-Edit window so you can see which Scene I'm on and which effects are on/off as I play the track.

The idea with this tune was to write a "power trio" kind of song (okay, I cheated with overdubs in a couple spots) where I could play the whole song through on one guitar track with one Axe-FX II preset. Then swap effects on and off with scenes so there's no drop out.

In the video I also demonstrate how to automate Scene changing from Reaper when you play along or record your own tracks.

I recommend watching the video in HD because in retrospect I made the Axe-Edit window a bit too small to see on the small screen. It's my first real video so go easy on me.

Thanks!

-Adam

Last edited:
Well played Adam and also some good tips to start using a DAW to change presets (or scenes) while you're playing.

First of all, that was awesome playing and very instructive!

Second, is that TNP, or Axe-Edit Classic?

Third, when does the bowling shirt go on sale in the Fractal Store?!

Great video, tune, and playing. I've been thinking about setting up automated changes for live playing - sure takes the thinking out of switching - you just play. Thanks for the video and a peek at the scenes-based Axe Edit!

I've been doing the auto patch change thing in Logic for a long time now. It's much better to just play & not have to think about stomping on buttons.

Now stop teasing everyone with your working copy of Edit TNP, and just release it already!!! lol

First-rate stuff, Adam! Great composition and playing, and highly instructional. You brought it all together.

This was absolutely top class! It seems like a common warcry here but, any chance you could share the patch with us? I've been trying to get a main Clean, Rhythm, and Lead in one patch for a while with little success, I always seem to get quite a loud pop switching amps.

Un-Freakin'-believable! Not only a great guitar player, but also a great tech head and a great composer! Well done and thanks!

Saw this last night, great playing and awesome tones! Same Q as Fremen, since I don't have AxeEdit could you please let us know what cabs you are using here?

Cheers

Spence

Back
Top Bottom