[Video] Axe-Fx III Basic Navigation

made a "quick" video. i wanted a 10 minute vid, but i started talking, sharing and well, you know how it goes! lots of cool things on the Axe-Fx III front panel. i go through just some of the basics to get you started.

In this video I show some basic navigation on the Front Panel, showing how to select Presets, Scenes, and create your own Preset, with tips and tricks along the way.

(fyi, i know my website is down.)

THANKS CHRIS! You folks rule...got my unit Friday and well....no sleep till brooklyn...can't wait for more...!!

Great job Chris! I feel like I can hit the ground running when I receive my unit on Tuesday!

I wish you had posted this two days ago. When I received my invitation to purchase I still wasn't sure whether I was going to buy it... I debated for an hour until I final made the purchase. Had I seen this video, there would have been no hesitation!

awesome video Chris , super helpful .

Couple of questions , on the Cab block i do not see your standard low cut /hi cut in the block .

I am still confused by channels and this description

Channels provide quick, easy parameter switching without the unwanted side-effects of preset changes (due to grid reordering). Set the Amp block so that Channel A is a “Deluxe Verb” model, Channel B is a “Plexi”, Channel C is a “Recto” and Channel D is “FAS Modern”. Then change channels instantly at the touch of a button.

The write up above from the product page would indicate 4 separate amp channels can be used within a preset , but i am seeing a lot of posts saying it like x/y you can only have 2 can you clarify that , is it that you use 2 different amp block each with the 2 amps ???

There are 2 Amp blocks, each with 4 channels.

Like X/Y, only one (channel) can be active at a time per Amp block.

There are 2 Amp blocks, each with 4 channels.

Like X/Y, only one (channel) can be active at a time per Amp block.

cool but within the 8 scenes and preset can you turn on and off 1-4 so can you have the said above . plexi, vox,Recto,5150 with only one channel ?

like S1 could have your clean
s2 your recto
s3 your plexi

An amp block has one amp at a time. You can change channels to use another amp type. One at a time.

Do you understand XY on the Axe 2?

My total Axe-FX experience sums up to an afternoon of working on a friend's presets with his Axe-FX II. I'm on the waitlist for the Axe-FX III and I'm glad I watched this 48:37 video about navigation. Working with the Axe-FX II without experience or a manual was a bit tricky. Working with the Axe-FX III will now be really easy. I can't wait until it arrives. Now I'm even more excited to get started :D Thanks for taking the time to make this video, it was really helpful.

cool but within the 8 scenes and preset can you turn on and off 1-4 so can you have the said above . plexi, vox,Recto,5150 with only one channel ?

like S1 could have your clean
s2 your recto
s3 your plexi

No, not possible.

To explain the concept of presets, scenes and channels, think of a traditional pedalboard.

PRESETS are similar to entirely different pedalboards, with different pedals.

SCENES are similar to the state of a single pedalboard at different moments: some pedals are off, some are on, (and more). Within the same preset.

CHANNELS are similar to the state of a single pedal at different moments, with changed settings. Within the same preset.

[Edited:]

Now let's refine and combine the above:

PRESETS always have 8 SCENES, so you have 8 "profiles" of your virtual pedalboard at your disposal.

In each of those SCENES, a pedal can be set to any of its CHANNELS.

Last edited:
No, not possible.

To explain the concept of presets, scenes and channels, think of a traditional pedalboard.

PRESETS are similar to entirely different pedalboards, with different pedals.

SCENES are similar to the state of a single pedalboard at different moments: some pedals are off, some are on. Within the same preset.

CHANNELS are similar to the state of a single pedal at different moments, with changed settings. Within the same preset.

This doesn't sound right to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading the manual my understanding of a channel is that you can have four different configurations for a given block within the preset. For the amp block, Channel A could be set to a Clean Fender, Channel 2 Plexi, Channel 3 Recto, Channel 4 something else.

Then when changing scenes, you could set it up so that Scene 1 recalls Amp Channel A, Scene 2 is Amp Channel B, etc... The manual also says the FC will offer a range of channel select options.

At least that is my understanding, and how I was hoping it would work, and what I think @Randalljax was asking.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading the manual my understanding of a channel is that you can have four different configurations for a given block within the preset. For the amp block, Channel A could be set to a Clean Fender, Channel 2 Plexi, Channel 3 Recto, Channel 4 something else.

Then when changing scenes, you could set it up so that Scene 1 recalls Amp Channel A, Scene 2 is Amp Channel B, etc... The manual also says the FC will offer a range of channel select options.

At least that is my understanding, and how I was hoping it would work, and what I think @Randalljax was asking.
I believe your description to be correct.

Your understanding is correct. What @Randalljax was asking (or at least what the words he typed were asking) was whether individual channels could be turned on or off independently, which they can’t.

Back
Top Bottom