[Video] Axe-Fx III Basic Navigation

Having said that, he could setup say 4 different cabs then use the level parameter in the cab block to silence the ones he doesn't want to hear in each scene yes?
Thanks
Sort of. The Cab block has four channels. Each channel can be a mix of any four IRs. But you can't independently turn IRs on and off within a single channel, and you can't run more than one channel at once.

Hi Rex,

Thanks for the reply.. Just to confirm though... he could insert 4 IRs into (say) channel A of the cab block, & in;
Scene 1, set the level to 100% on IR one, and 0% on IRs 2, 3, & 4.
scene 2, set the level to 100% on IR two, and 0% on IRs 1, 3 & 4
...so on...
...and achieve the result he wants... ?
Thanks
Pauly

Edit: I should make it clear that I don't yet have my axe fx iii so my comments are based on what I think I might know based on assumptions and feelings rather than evidence and testing!

Last edited:
Hi Rex,

Thanks for the reply.. Just to confirm though... he could insert 4 IRs into (say) channel A of the cab block, & in;
Scene 1, set the level to 100% on IR one, and 0% on IRs 2, 3, & 4.
scene 2, set the level to 100% on IR two, and 0% on IRs 1, 3 & 4
...so on...
...and achieve the result he wants... ?
Actually, he’s asking about changing amps, not cabs. Your method would allow him to select among four different cabs by changing channels.

Great video Chris. You help me understand the Fractal products better than anything else. Looking forward to more. Will they be posted here?

I’ve never used an Axe Fx before and this video gave me an excellent grasp of what to expect when my name eventually come up on the wait list:(. Thx for taking the time to do a thorough walk thorough

made a "quick" video. i wanted a 10 minute vid, but i started talking, sharing and well, you know how it goes! lots of cool things on the Axe-Fx III front panel. i go through just some of the basics to get you started.

In this video I show some basic navigation on the Front Panel, showing how to select Presets, Scenes, and create your own Preset, with tips and tricks along the way.

(fyi, i know my website is down.)

Great video.

Back
Top Bottom