Version 6.00 Preview

How do we get the reference clip into the Axe? USB? Or through one of the inputs? If USB I might have to finally log a request with support because mine just won't work but I'm super excited about this feature!

Also, is a cab still required or is that taken out of the equation/replaced by the tone matched block. Thanks!

Cheers

:D

I'm in the same boat! Just can't get the USB audio to work on my computer. I''ve worked with a home studio and recording so I'm familiar with the technology. Just not sure if it's my computer, S/W or what. Anyway, I hope it've via input 2!

The sound definately has a similar character, but it sounds like these are not the same performances.

Did you play these with a y-cable, as mentioned earlier or are these individual performances?

The notes on the first string sound much "cleaner" in the first part, in the second part they sound a bit "washy" (as if they are slightly out of tune and the overtones thus not ringing cleanly with the other notes - kinda "phasey", it's hard to describe) and there seems to be another note ringing in the last chord so that it sounds a bit dirty.

I don't wanna to sound picky, but it's hard to describe! I just wanna give constructive feedback.
If the Axe is the first part, then yay! But I have the impression there's some eq matching done in the second part.

In my opinion: No minimum, but: the longer, the better (to analyse sound material). The purer the guitar signal, the better the results. It will funtion with some other instruments like kick drum, notice: everything is heard on the track will feed the analysis of the all over frequency spectrum. So: the more pure - the better ...

There are alot of good guitar tones people are probably not even thinking about that are already isolated. For example, capturing Warren DiMartini's intros on "Lay it Down" and "You're in Love". Other good ones include Iron Maiden's "Two Minutes to Midnight" or even something like Jimmy Page on "Heartbreaker".

There are going to be alot of great riffs people can capture without having to isolate tracks, etc.

There are alot of good guitar tones people are probably not even thinking about that are already isolated. For example, capturing Warren DiMartini's intros on "Lay it Down" and "You're in Love". Other good ones include Iron Maiden's "Two Minutes to Midnight" or even something like Jimmy Page on "Heartbreaker". There are going to be alot of great riffs people can capture without having to isolate tracks, etc.

Exactly - listen to the intros or breakdowns - it opens up the possibilities quite a bit. For a Nuno match, there's a breakdown towards the end of "Decadence Dance" that is guitar only for a few seconds - match material.

Bravo Cliff... differences between the two are sooo miniscule. Perhaps your examples of the source amp and the match are even more miniscule than the... ah,... never mind. Nice job Cliff!!

Nailed it. I keep going back and forth between them, and if there are any very subtle differences at all, well...I don't much give a shit. ;)
There's one big difference between the AxeII and any high gain amp: noise

It's amazing how little the noise gate is needed for the gain monsters in the II.

gene.jpg

The first one has a more open grind to it, and the second is more compressed, but the EQ match is pretty much the same. Sounds good!! I'm guessing the Axe is the second.

I'm excited to get going with this stuff and hear what we can all come up with.

For those looking for a few good Joe Bonamassa guitar sources... these are YouTube, but isolated and reasonably clean and dry!

Joe Bonamassa - YouTube

This one has a lot of different tones... but a bit cleaner....

Joe Bonamasa Rockin' The Blues Guitarist DVD Part 1 - YouTube

these clips have reverb, but the cool part is he plays each amp separately...

Guitar Center Sessions: Joe Bonamassa, Amp Rig - YouTube

So my question is... can you Tone match two different amps in one Preset and combine? To get a tone-matched pair of JB's amps??

Cliff? Adam???

Back
Top Bottom