Version 6.00 Preview

It just matches amp tones, not effects. So the ideal tone to match to is a dry, single track guitar. A lot of the isolated tracks you find on Youtube and such are actually "stems" of doubled guitar tracks. EVH was pretty unique in that he usually only did one guitar track.

Once you have the tone match, you can add effects to taste to mimic the original if you desire. In the EVH example I just added a bunch of reverb.

This thread is telling me that we all need to get off our butts and go and play music instead of being on this forum. Within 10mins, 10pgs??!?!!!!! Hahahahha this is ridiculous.. lol

I`m as serious as a monk can be...
Try to figure out this:
Marshall,Fender,Suhr,Cliff Chase...in a Rock and Amp Hall of Fame..

Wow you know what you are talking about. The analog input and output of the Axe have a tonal character as all audio gears. I modded the input and output of my Ultra to correct the cock wha tone (or nasal tone). I have been able by just changing a few pieces to improve this aspect. Then i've got the idea for the rest to use IRs and what you called now tone matching. Actually my Ultra (with tone match) sounds better into a cab than my Axe II. When i hear first the Axe II i found that it sounded more balanced than the Ultra and the nasal tone was not here. Because the hardware is quite the same, i suspect that cliff used a software compensation. That's the voice options, and in this case neutral is not neutral. It just corrects the "basic" sound of the machine that you can hear with the Ultra and standard. It's a good point but if this is the case it is something global that doesn't give you the best for all models. That's my guess coming from my experimentations...tell me about your experimentations with your Axe?

Hmmm, your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I am so stoked over this release I can barely contain myself! I would have never dreamed I could play an isolated guitar track into a device, then play my guitar into it, and it would match the original tone for me... Do you know how freaking Sci-Fi that sounds! This is a game changer for sure and will surely be an industry explosion!
Next I find the power section and output transformer algorithms have been improved too! I'm experiencing perma-grin just thinking about it... Nothing releases until its ready of course but I can't wait to try it!!! This update is going to be vacation day worthy for sure.

Really nice job on the demo as well Adam, sounds great!

WELL... ALRIGHT !! CAN'T WAIT !!

dham52.jpg

So looks like I picked the wrong day to actually work instead of cruise the internet. :)

Get some well deserved rest Cliff; I know that I always harp on taking care of yourself, but if you're that exhausted catch up on that sleep you've been missing. We'll still be here and we'll still be just as excited. And everyone that gets all 'gimme, gimme' about it, just remember that we've got a single point of failure here and it's Cliff. The guy's tired, let him catch his breath before we bombard the hell out of him. Don't wear him out; we all have to share him.

Don't care if it gets there 100% or even 95%.
The awesome thing is it doesn't use IR slots. THANKS!! :)

For me, not having it with IRs *is* worth a difference of 5%.
Well, I would have to hear how much of a difference that is maybe... ;)
One thing is for sure: I won't be complaining-mba-ing...!

Last edited:
Wow that tone is pretty much cloned...and from a Youtube clip hmmm??? And simple to capture??? Pretty amazing stuff...but I'm more interested in the power amp/transformer 'upgrade' and what's new/different about that...lol.

Incredible! :D

I was looking at getting a KPA some time ago....

BUT F*CK THAT!!!! I'll take FW6 instead! :D

It is a new block that "listens" to two different input sources. Source ""X" is the tone you are matching to. The other source "Y" is the output of an amp block. After the matching is complete it then applies the tone match to Y so that it sounds like X.

A great thing about this method is the Tone Match IR is embedded in the preset itself. So it's not like it is with user cabs where you have to exchange both preset and cab to get the right tone.

We'll go into more detail when the firmware is ready to release as subtle usability things might change.

Does that mean that in order to do the matching you need to actually play the same thing through the Axe so it can be compared with the other source?

Back
Top Bottom