Ver 3.00 AC/DC

Wow!! This is the best sound I have heard so far from Axe II. Common, bring this thing on! Don't torture us anymore. ;-)

listened again. seriously Cliff great job .This has something more than I have heard before for sure .There is more body.
If this punch came from fixing a few parameter and is going to make the difference to all the other sims across the board as much as it made here .gonna be a very cool update . maybe the best one yet

Last edited:
Wow great! I would love to have the 3.0 FW right away.....no wait, I ordered my AXE II on May 12Th .... I would be already greatful to get one with FW1:) (we suffer in the EU on a lacking of AXE IIs!!!)

Anyway the Standand' s still great and pleasant anticipation gets me through the next days, weeks!

Cheers
Martin

Here's another:
www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/bg.mp3

The timing is a bit sloppy. There was no lead-in click so that was tough and I flubbed the part coming out of the solo.

Factory Preset 39.

Really love this clip, I remember you posted a clip of this track before the AxeII was released and this one has a much more open low end and more gravel to the mids/top-end. Superb! Now please stop killing us and release the firmware already ;)

Like fine wine, it gets better with time... and patience. :D Firmware v.3 adds some piss and vinegar to the mix though. (That's a good thing.) :D

The Axe-FX II is coming of age early... the beta team loaded this in late last night and my impression: this firmware makes the Axe-FX II naturally more 'rude' when you push it; the Marshalls (and the like) have lots more grind and attitude. The word that keeps coming to my mind with RC3 here is: "balls'. It sings. Excellent detail on the top, you can hear the pick scraping the strings... it's a blast. I worked up my 'big 10' presets that I roll with and all are really cooking. This morning - the acid test. Six songs live doing P&W. Let's have some fun. :D

Like fine wine, it gets better with time... and patience. :D Firmware v.3 adds some piss and vinegar to the mix though. (That's a good thing.) :D

The Axe-FX II is coming of age early... the beta team loaded this in late last night and my impression: this firmware makes the Axe-FX II naturally more 'rude' when you push it; the Marshalls (and the like) have lots more grind and attitude. The word that keeps coming to my mind with RC3 here is: "balls'. It sings. Excellent detail on the top, you can hear the pick scraping the strings... it's a blast. I worked up my 'big 10' presets that I roll with and all are really cooking. This morning - the acid test. Six songs live doing P&W. Let's have some fun. :D

Really can't wait Scott, let us know how it goes :)

Really can't wait Scott, let us know how it goes :)

A quick note from me - did sound check and 5 different songs today; tried all 10 of my presets live with the P&W Band (got to do my Limelight tribute for soundcheck with the JCM800 amp model... sounded great!)- v3.0 version the beta team has currently communicates very well live, lots of attitude when you dig in, it rang like a bell when pushed on the cleans and Vox stuff and the 'air' on the top end was noticeably smoother and felt great.

A quick note from me - did sound check and 5 different songs today; tried all 10 of my presets live with the P&W Band (got to do my Limelight tribute for soundcheck with the JCM800 amp model... sounded great!)- v3.0 version the beta team has currently communicates very well live, lots of attitude when you dig in, it rang like a bell when pushed on the cleans and Vox stuff and the 'air' on the top end was noticeably smoother and felt great.

Superb Scott, thanks for sharing :)

v3 gets that in the room sound when I am in the room and a new car smell. :razz

Kidding asside...I am getting "spongy'er" tones out of the amps that keep me playing all day. Its got this natural attack that I cant explain. Its been there all along but now I can put in my face and yours!
Recording is a breeze and sooo much fun with the AXE II, I am wearing out Reaper. I am going to try Presonus Studio One V.2 today since I got the new AudioBox 22VSL as a gift.

Back
Top Bottom