Variac effects block.

Do you want to see this feature?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To no one in particular...perhaps Yek...

FWIW, the HD does not include a variac control. Nor does it include any of the parameters on the advanced or amp geek tabs of the Axe. You get Drive, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence, and Master Volume, for a grand total of six parameters as opposed to almost 30. The exact function of the Master Volume is unclear. Anyone who would vote to eliminate the advanced and amp geek parameters might find the HD to be the ideal product.

steadystate said:

FWIW, the HD does not include a variac control. Nor does it include any of the parameters on the advanced or amp geek tabs of the Axe. You get Drive, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence, and Master Volume, for a grand total of six parameters as opposed to almost 30. The exact function of the Master Volume is unclear. Anyone who would vote to eliminate the advanced and amp geek parameters might find the HD to be the ideal product.

Master volume is just volume. It does not effect the gain structure.

Are you saying the master volume is essentially 'fixed' (possibly at max), and that Line6's idea of "Master Volume" is simply a post-power-amp level control that does not change the input level to the power amp? This might be reasonable if none of the amps simulated had master volume in the first place.

Tone_Freak said:
steadystate said:
I am sure you will have one very shortly. I look forward to your insights.

Not quite yet. Im giving the new Line 6 HD stuff that just came out a chance. Apparently there is huge hype over the new developments at lin 6. I would be an idiot if I was not patient at this point considering prices differences. Apparently L6 has gotten their act together.

No you would be an idiot to argue on a forum with folks who own the product when you don't own the product and have 24/7 access to it like we do. Oh, is that happening? Gee, sorry.
Don't forget your crackpipe when you leave! Just my opinion of course.

Stratman68 said:
No you would be an idiot to argue on a forum with folks who own the product when you don't own the product and have 24/7 access to it like we do. Oh, is that happening? Gee, sorry.

Come up with your own insults for a change, don't just steal ones just used in recent posts by others. Which leads me to question whether you can come up with anything else on your own, music included.

Its called using reason (ever heard of it) to base a decision to buy something or not to buy. The fact of the matter remains with a huge drastic mod missing. Regardless of whether anyone owns or does not own the unit. I could care less if I dont own it, or if you do, or if you own ten - I do not have to own it to notice that missing aspect so I would not even try if i were you.

You are in the wrong thread at the wrong time, so it would be in your best interests to remove yourself form this discussion.

steadystate said:

FWIW, the HD does not include a variac control.

And I never said it does. And FYI, neither does the axe. A unit of the price of the Axe should clearly have one, regardless if I request it or not, regardless of what I or anyone believes. Look at all the other experienced amp techs who have agreed with me on this matter - in tons of other variac discussions in your own forum! Many of which were strongly bewildered as to why such a mod is not in there. Again, the overwhelming evidence speaks for itself - the greatest piece of which is the actual effect effect such a dial would have in reality if modeled accurately.

Anyone who would vote to eliminate the advanced and amp geek parameters might find the HD to be the ideal product.

Well if the Variac is not there, it is a massive mod with a massive effect on the gain and feel of the amp that was not "voted in". So perhaps the HD stuff might be the right decision for me since the other amp geek mods might perhaps not be up my main tone shaping alley.

man... u are one weird person. that is some strange and very random stuff ure posting these days. perhaps you should go see someone.

and as if the vote tally on this issue has any bearing whatsoever on the engineer's willingness or not to put it in the unit.
:lol:

if he saw any of my posts he knows exactly the great effect and feel difference of what i and the other variac fanatics suggested already. so if hes not gonna do it, fine. So be it, but the irrefutable facts remain that 1) it is not a rare amp mod and in fact quite a popular mod for obvious reasons i have already demonstrated regarding the tone and gain of the amps, and 2) it would be a drastically tone altering feature if modeled and 3) you have not shown the contrary to any of these points.

thanks. so have a nice day.

Would I use a variac parameter? Maybe - the more the merrier.
Do I require it to get great/awesome tones? No.
Have I spent many many hours tweaking at volume. Yes.
Are there other things I would rather Cliff spent his time on? Yes.

Do you come across to me as quite obnoxious as well as having major issues with anybody that might remotely disagree with you...and think you should tone it down somewhat? Hell Yeah. :roll:

You want a variac parameter. We hear you. Sheesh. Now go and play through your AxeFx.

Griffin said:
Would I use a variac parameter? Maybe - the more the merrier.
You want a variac parameter. We hear you. Sheesh. Now go and play through your AxeFx.

He doesn't have one :roll:

Tone_Freak said:
Stratman68 said:

Come up with your own insults for a change, don't just steal ones just used in recent posts by others. Which leads me to question whether you can come up with anything else on your own, music included.

Its called using reason (ever heard of it) to base a decision to buy something or not to buy. The fact of the matter remains with a huge drastic mod missing. Regardless of whether anyone owns or does not own the unit. I could care less if I dont own it, or if you do, or if you own ten - I do not have to own it to notice that missing aspect so I would not even try if i were you.

You are in the wrong thread at the wrong time, so it would be in your best interests to remove yourself form this discussion.

You said you were leaving , I said goodbye-My Best interest? A Threat? Gimme a break pal.

randocaster said:
Wow guys. Just wow... :roll:

If you mean me, I guess I got a tad upset. But I just don't see where this guy comes off telling us what we need and pretty much being offensive to Steady state.
I stand by my posts-I deem them valid responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom