Van Halen - Panama Tone Match

sounds very close
Are you guys finding that the tone matched patches are lacking in gain or sustain.
I've done a couple so fa rand I've that that thye felt very stiff. I noticed while you were playing the lead that "liquidy" sustain taht you'd get from a cranked amp was not there (a couple of your notes dropped
off very quickly)
Any one else notice this as well?

My tone match on Panama was the best one I've done so far and I noticed the tone does seem to lack some sustain/gain, but it sounds so close to the original.
Guess you could try adding some compression/gain (same thing), but that seems to mud it up a little. If you run it at high volume the speaker feedback should make up for it, plus VH used a pretty heavy attack.....this TM stuff is pretty freakin cool!

I love this patch. Used it live to cover Panama a couple weeks back and it absolutely rocked. Unfortunately, when I installed V7 this morning, the magic disappeared. Can't seem to find the TMA curves and it sounds like a patch with no speaker simulator...... I restored from a backup but couldn't get it to work. Have you or anyone got a V7 compatible patch?

This sounds really good man. The chorus I agree is not 1984 era EVH but...it sounds really cool on your video to my ears so I can't wait to check it out when I get my unit back in the studio.

Nice work man, really nice and thank you for posting.

Back
Top Bottom