Van Halen I (Free Preset)

This is certainly making me rethink purchasing the FM3. If the FM3 is to the AX3 as the AX8 is to the AX2, I may get by. Glad my turn is probably months from now!
If you don’t need something on the floor (I do) AND you want the very best VH tones - then you better get an AX3. I love my FM3 but I’m equally shocked at how much I can do with it AND how much I can’t do with it - so many awesome AX3 presets that you’ll NEVER EVER get to work on the FM3 due to how they were written/massive amount of CPU used. Fractal needs an AX3 for the floor (if I can think it - Fractal is probably well under way at developing it - hopefully)... Without having to buy an FC6, it’ll be $500 cheaper and it’ll probably have 6 buttons (perfect!).... So, sub-$2k for the greatest floor unit EVER? Probably 2022? My guess, Fractal will sell way more of them than any previous product. FM3 will rock until then...

Hey Mark!! Thanks for this!
Is possible to you print the screen of all the effects blocks settings and send here? Is possible too to export the Axe FX3 Ir's? I have the Axe FX2, i can't import the preset on this :/ Thanks so much and greetings from Brazil!

Cool preset Mark! thanks a lot for sharing!

Does anyone have a problem muting in the flanger.
I can't do it in this preset. Is this a bug just in my axe?
Hi mate, no problem.

I set the Flanger with my expression pedal so just right click on there mix and disable the pedal out 1, that should do it.

Hi Mark. Thanks for sharing. Just brought over into the FM3 and the amp block didn't transfer. Can you tell us your amp block set up for the 4 channels? Thank you kindly!
Hi Michael, try it now, it's because I had the amp in amp 2 but I've swapped it to amp 1 so download it again and it should work.

Hi all,

Here is a Van Halen 1 preset i've been working on, it has 8 scenes for 8 different songs. I've tried to match the recordings including the panning of the guitar and reverb.
I've used a couple of stock IR's and a 3rd party one (Pete Thorn's PT20)
I have to give @levipeto some credit as i downloaded his preset whilst i was in the middle of doing mine and took some ideas from his.
I know i cant upload the preset with the 3rd party IR so i will include it in this post and i will attach some screen shots of the 4 cabs.
I'm sure it can do with some tweaking so knock yourselves out and see what you can do with it.

Enjoy!

View attachment 67870View attachment 67871View attachment 67873View attachment 67874

Stellar! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom