Valhallir.at's Meeeesa Doublewhoooper: It's out!

Hi Brad, the Fremenmix will be included asap. Due to the format restrictions, we will have to include it as wav, when it's in the commercial pack.

Dude that C414 IRs are brilliant! The U87ai works quite well with this box, but the C414 is just better for me. Another example that it's always good to have IR packs with MANY mic choices.

For those who have the pack and play metal with deep tunings:
I just played for 2 hours with the 6160 Block Letter and the VH-MB-V30UK-k-C414-B2-MP.wav + VH-MB-V30UK-k-C414-C2-MP.wav in a stereo cab block, panned left and right, the hicut set to 8765Hz (9000Hz was good, but I had the feeling that going a bit lower might improve the sound, so I set it lower to this "nice" number :p ) and the whole tone balanced with ML's method. Try it, it's just brutal!

It's so good! But I can tell you anything, so I'll post some recordings as soon as I can.

I never was that much of a Mesa fan really, but man, these clips and the teaser IR (Fremen) are really making me curious again.

Me neither, they were always too bassy for me. My theory is, that the micing method used by valhallir.at, which produces brighter IRs than e.g. the stock IRs, combined with this Mesa 4x12 is a wonderful combination.

Important fact: This IR pack also includes shots of modern V30 speakers. They sound NOTHING like the UK-V30!!! Many IR packs use these modern V30 and they are just ... I don't like them really. This pack includes some IRs with this speaker, which are quite usable, but the UK-V30 IRs beat them absolutely!

I wasn't aware that the difference is SO huge. From now on, whenever I'm interested in a pack with V30, I'll ask the creator what kind of V30 were used. If it's modern V30 made in China, my money will stay with me :p

Btw @Mic thanks for your comment about my clip. I think I'll grab my guitar now and record another clip. Hope I'll manage to play the thing ;) Playing Silvera wasn't easy for me, it was the first time ever for me do tapping. In fact, finding out how to play the song, recording it and uploading it to soundcloud only took about 1,5 hours.

Now let's find out if I can make my 6-string sound like an 8-string ;)

So, next one, WAY harder to play :D

Harder, but a lot of fun!

ps: No post-processing, what you hear is 100% out of the Axe, for details read the describtion on soundcloud.

I know, Meshuggah is very special. This recording was more about sound than about musical beauty etc. I wanted to see how well such deep guitars work with my preset. It works amazingly well! The 6160 Block Letter manages these low tunings very well! I'll have to practice the song a bit more, this was done very quickly. But for a sound demo it's good enough!

Rational Gaze was the song that made me fall in love with this purely rhythmic music, that's why I chose this one. I only had to tune my lowest string for this recording. That alone tells a lot! Ok, for the whole song you'll need the whole guitar, but still ;)

Yeah that sound is SOOOOO brutal, it's the first time since I own the Axe that I managed to get such a sound! And as I showed in my Gojira cover, it also works for higher (but still low, I usually play with drop-b) tunings. I hope it works well in a concert situation, but I'm very confident!

The bass sound is a bit shitty, I don't own a bass guitar, so I had to play it with my guitar. I'll have to eq it a bit...

Back
Top Bottom