Valhallir.at's Meeeesa Doublewhoooper: It's out!

Valhallir

Power User
Vendor
The betatests have been finished faster than expected, and we are proud to present our very first Mesa-Cab Pack.
Mesawars Valhallir.jpg

http://valhallir.at/en/shop/mb-os-4x12-double-whoooper/

Here you can watch Fremen by creating IR-mixes . One Video is with the british (70Watt) V30's and
the other one with the mixed cab (Anniversary V30 and Black Shadows)

The mixes will be included in the cab pack, and also in the upcoming Fremen-preset collection.

So, have fun and stay loud!

Last edited:
I like the UK V30 IR very much - sounds massive in Fremen´s vid.

I´v tried the free IR - a very open sound with more high mids an clear bass respons - surely great for cut in the bandmix.

This is by far the most impressive cab pack I have ever bought. I own several "real" Rectocabs, they have always been my go to cabs in the real world and on the Axe FX, they are a vital part of my sound. Over the years I bought pretty much every Rectocab based cab pack out there and there are some really great ones, Ownhammer, Fractal, ML... there are tons of great options and I have them all on my Axe FX. Well... I had them on there, after buying this Doublewhoooper cab pack I started to delete all the others, not because I suddenly find them bad, but this one is just beyond all the others, it is so incredibly good. No matter if it is high gain or clean tones, those IRs give me the best sounds I ever had. I have no idea what Fremen did when he mixed that UK mix, but it might be my fave IR ever!

This is by far the most impressive cab pack I have ever bought. I own several "real" Rectocabs, they have always been my go to cabs in the real world and on the Axe FX, they are a vital part of my sound. Over the years I bought pretty much every Rectocab based cab pack out there and there are some really great ones, Ownhammer, Fractal, ML... there are tons of great options and I have them all on my Axe FX. Well... I had them on there, after buying this Doublewhoooper cab pack I started to delete all the others, not because I suddenly find them bad, but this one is just beyond all the others, it is so incredibly good. No matter if it is high gain or clean tones, those IRs give me the best sounds I ever had. I have no idea what Fremen did when he mixed that UK mix, but it might be my fave IR ever!

Thank your for your review! We are so excited, that a well known Mesa-Fan like you gave us this knightly accolade. I hope to see your Band Blind Guardian at the 12th of August in Graz,Austria - Including some Valhallir-Mesa-guitar-wall-of-sound!

Cheerioo
Tom, Andy & Basti from Valhallir.at

The IR´s with the E4400 are very remarkable in this Pack, haven´t heard this before at IR´s.
Fat, rich mids and open highs - absolut great for a Single Mic IR.

My favourite Speaker: C!

Mesa Cabs haven't been my cup of tea so far. But this one might be a game changer. I like what I come up with testing the free one. :cool:

I do not have enough words to thank you Vallhalir.at Team for this wonderful product ! I still use my favorite Wolverine but now after hearing MB V30 UK and BSV 30CH I know my time for rest -after the concerts and so little time to recover before hitting the road again- will be shorter than before ! I enjoy a lot your work and you are very dedicated to bring up in front of this community only the best of the best .Great custom support also ! Great job you guys and very useful !
Be blessed !

I do not have enough words to thank you Vallhalir.at Team for this wonderful product ! I still use my favorite Wolverine but now after hearing MB V30 UK and BSV 30CH I know my time for rest -after the concerts and so little time to recover before hitting the road again- will be shorter than before ! I enjoy a lot your work and you are very dedicated to bring up in front of this community only the best of the best .Great custom support also ! Great job you guys and very useful !
Be blessed !
Thank you Paul! Best wishes to Romania and COMPACT!

Hi guys,

I want to thank you all for your positive comments about our IRs. Especially those Meeesas were much work since we need to fix several minor issues of the cab before the IR shooting. It was played for many years and has seen many stages. I am sure that's one of the main reasons why every cab sound so different even if built by the same people in the same factory. Also the capturing process took much longer this time since we wanted to make sure the get the very best out of it.

Of course the speakers play the most important role. Since Celestion outsourced the production of their popular V30s from the UK to China about 10 years ago, we thougth that there might be also a change with regards to the sound. You never know. Andy and I are very curious and said, let's find it out. Therefore, we replaced the original speakers with V30s Made in China. I guess you have already noticed the difference, and it is not just a litte bit. To me, as an experienced product manager, acoustic engineer and microphone expert, working in the pro audio industry for almost 20 years, I would rather use a different name for those "new" speakers built outside the UK.... but tastes are different... just my 2 cents.

Over the years a lot of people told us about those great speakers that sounded so fantastic in those old Meeesa cabs. Are they really that good or is it just a myth? It took us a while to get some of these "Black Shadows" and we eager to find out how they would sound in the same cab. No sooner said than done - there is a difference and I fully understand why a lot of people love those old speakers. By the way, have a look at the attached picture. The speakers have a even a different voice coil diameter! It is a completely different design to me.

You can check out all the three speakers easily and compare them. Our brand-new "Double Whooper" contains:

1) MB-V30UK --> equipped with good old british 70-Watt V30’s, This is the original 4x12" cab

2) MB-BSV30CH --> this is the same cab but with different speakers

Speaker A (left top) - Black Shadow MC-90 Speaker
Speaker B (right top) - V30 - Made in China
Speaker C (left bottom) - V30 - Made in China
Speaker D (right bottom) - Black Shadow MC-90 Speaker

Meanwhile, also some manufactures noticed that there are alternatives to Celestions speakers. (Don't get me wrong..... Celestion made history, built great speaker and still do.) e.g. I found out that Stephen Fryette tried to get some "old and good" V30s for his excellent 4x12" FAT CABs - but without success. Therefore, he uses custom-made Eminence speaker (details here: http://www.fryette-users.com/forums/showthread.php?3921-V30-s-I-like-the-70-watters-better ) and the result is awesome!!!! Check out the great Fryette cab IRs we released recently. One of our most favourite cabs!! ever!!

Best,
Tom from VallHallIR.at

Last edited:
Hi guys,
We will update the Meesa Doublewhooper Cab Pack with additional AKG C414 and Neumann U87ai IRs.
People, who already got the cab pack can download the updated cab pack for free, including Fremens IR-mixes .
So stay tuned.

Cheeriooo,
Andy from Valhallir.at

The U87ai-IRs from the Mesa-Pack are pretty awesome, but you should also check out the sE 4400 IRs. This is one of the most unterrated mics ever, and it's perfect for guitars.
We have tons of great feedback from users, who really dig this mike a lot.

The sE4400 has been the main mic for the guitar IRs (Fryette/Orange-Mix) I have used on the current release of my band CHAOS INSIDE. I even love it more for vocals than one of my vintage C414's.

That's not a secret. We use the standard cardioid setting, no low cut, no pad. The capsule can handle a lot of volume. You could put it in front of a jet engine and it could handle it. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom