V10 Firmware

Much thanks to Cliff, M@, the Betas, Adam, Yek and everybody else that got their hands on it within the last months. Also thanks to the AE programmer team who didn't make it happen....I knew this was not an easy task with in such a short time period long before......

I don't normally chime in with all of the atta-boys every release, but holy crap this is good. I went from V7 to V10 so maybe my delta was larger than most, but I am absolutely stunned by the improvements between the two versions. Congrats to the whole FAS team!!

Holy crap.

I don't make a ton of presets....never had....never will. I need about 5-10 presets and I get bored after that. To me it's always been about making those handful sound great.

The one amp that I always go to first thing with every update going back to the Ultra days is the AC30. I've never been able to get along with it even though it's probably my favorite 'real' amp. I'm not going to get into specific issues, but it's been the singular disappointment for me with the FAS stuff. Considering how much other great stuff it did I accepted this one shortcoming and worked around it.

So anyway I've spent a considerable portion of the first 10 minutes with v10 dorking with the factory #6 preset. I reset the amp model, changed the cab to one of the new ones and I don't know if I'm going to crap my pants or cry. :)

It's finally there. Everything else could have stayed the same if this was the only thing that changed to me. I can't even wait to see what my other go to amps sound like now. I don't even know how to grasp the thought of some of those others that I haven't even tried before.

I only got my Axe-FX last Thursday, so I've not had to wait as long for FW10 as most. Granted, I wasn't that familiar with V9, but to my ears everything seems more "amp like", if that makes sense.

Great job Cliff and the Fractal guys. Job incredibly well done!

Come on in, the water's fine!

IMG_4508_opt.jpg

this must be Lamar's class.

I just got home and downloaded everything. Have just read the White Paper for MIMIC. I will refer to this document as "My Love Letter to My Customers by Cliff".

Cliff: You had me at Hello........

That is a beautifully written and easy to understand executive summary of what you've been working on. I commend you and thank you for taking it this far.

Now, to install.

Holy crap.

I don't make a ton of presets....never had....never will. I need about 5-10 presets and I get bored after that. To me it's always been about making those handful sound great.

The one amp that I always go to first thing with every update going back to the Ultra days is the AC30. I've never been able to get along with it even though it's probably my favorite 'real' amp. I'm not going to get into specific issues, but it's been the singular disappointment for me with the FAS stuff. Considering how much other great stuff it did I accepted this one shortcoming and worked around it.

So anyway I've spent a considerable portion of the first 10 minutes with v10 dorking with the factory #6 preset. I reset the amp model, changed the cab to one of the new ones and I don't know if I'm going to crap my pants or cry. :)

It's finally there. Everything else could have stayed the same if this was the only thing that changed to me. I can't even wait to see what my other go to amps sound like now. I don't even know how to grasp the thought of some of those others that I haven't even tried before.

I keep going back to that one too. Is just amazing, so "glassy" feeling. I love it.

Maybe a bug? USA Pre Yellow and Green default to 'suppy sag' at zero...which means power amp sim is off? Is that on purpose?

Cliff: "If you WANT to use the power amp modeling (which I would) turn the Supply Sag up to, say, 2.0 and then adjust the MV as described. If the Supply Sag is zero then the MV is just a level control and doesn't affect the tone any. The default Supply Sag turns the model into just a preamp model, the power amp modeling is bypassed

This is not an update, this is a timewarp into another dimension.

Really great job you guys. i have 10 minutes of playing and 30 seconds of tweaking. Really like the DRV - MV - LVL quik access. Great idea!! dig it!

I like what I hear so far!!!

Just a heads up...
I was testing all the V10 presets in Bank A and couldn't understand why there was no sound on the 59 Bassguy preset (001)--turns out there is a FXL block where the Phaser block is on the other patches. I swapped in a Phaser block and all is good!
Also, the Dirty Shirley (061) and Fox ODS (062) had a FXL block all by itself in the beginning of the 3rd row, and it sounded bypassed. I deleted the FXL block and the amps sound like they should now.

THUNK!!! M*****F*****S!!

What a great way to start he weekend. House all to myself, a few martinis and about 100 or so of the best guitar amps known to mankind.

Thanks for giving this to us, FAS. Now which guitar to play first....

Cliff and team, thanks for all of the hard work and long hours.

Quick question about the Mac specs needed to use the Bot, what should we do if we still have 10.6.8 on our Macs? Does that kill the Bot for us until we upgrade later?

Back
Top Bottom