USPS

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Is a joke. I ordered a pedal on 12/7. I ordered from a nearby retailer because I thought I'd get it quickly. The retailer is roughly 100 miles away and, according to Google maps, less than a two-hour drive.

Here it is a week later and it still hasn't arrived. Took five days just to get to the local hub. Had I known the seller was going to use USPS I would've just ordered from Sweetwater.

I’ve had a letter from someone 20 miles away take 6 days before. Not at Christmas. What they charge to ship a guitar is also outrageous.

Canada Post is normally very busy during Christmas, so they add Saturday and Sunday delivery as well for the month of December to try and keep up. However, this year with the added demand due to increased online shopping because of COVID, they’re really struggling to keep up.

in the spring I ordered something that was supposed to be delivered in 3-5 days...it took over a month to get it. When I checked the status on the tracking app., it would sit at sorting hubs for days and weeks. I stopped by the local sorting centre, the last stop before it gets delivered to me and the postal worker told me that with COVID protocols, times for sorting and delivery were way above normal. He told me normally, they would stand shoulder to shoulder to unload trucks and sort mail, which they couldn’t do with distancing rules. He said fully loaded trucks would arrive and sit for days before they could get emptied and sorted, a process which would normally be done overnight.

I have a package that was shipped via UPS then transferred to USPS for delivery. It has sat at the local USPS sorting center (2 miles from my house) for 2 weeks. USPS is a joke and the most horribly inefficient operation in history. I have tracked packages that are shipped from New York to my home state of West Virginia by first going to Kentucky, then to Virginia, then to New Jersey, then to Maryland, and then finally to West Virginia. No wonder USPS is bleeding money. They need to quit wasting tax dollars and allow FedEx and UPS to deliver mail.

About two months ago, I ordered a book from the EU to be shipped to North America. A month later, and still no book, nor tracking number. I contacted the seller and I got a tracking number saying it was shipped through DHL. After a bit of digging on DHL's website, I found the note :
Due to the currently very limited transport capacities, we will be shipping parcels to North America by sea until further notice. We recommend not to send parcels as "Premium" and point out that significant delays must be expected.

It is to be expected nowadays.

UPS/FedEx recently told their top 6 accounts (macys, Nike, etc) that they will pick packages up “when they can” and that they are at full capacity.

Fedex hasn’t drop shipped anything to USPS since they dropped Amazon 7 months ago........ until this month. They have now drop shipped soooooo much to USPS that clerks at plants nationwide are commenting about being WEEKS behind. Trailers of post just sitting there waiting to be sorted (as an aside, is there someone who maybe messed with usps sorting machines recently? 🧐).

NJ and PA especially have been a black hole for packages. I have one in limbo since Dec 2 which is why I reached out to a few of my USPS friends in the know.

Coming from Canada Post, USPS blows me away at how fast they are! :D

And they work on Saturdays. And late at night.

But, I have definitely noticed it's slower service to New Hampshire than it was to The Bay Area for things.

Now FedEx and UPS -- holy cow. I knew we'd still get them here but it's unreal. Watching them back up the drives around us to drop stuff off at front doors is pretty impressive.

Ordered some pickups a couple weeks ago that took nearly 2 weeks to show up. I kept getting alerts on my phone of when they’d reach a new distribution center, then once it hit Knoxville I stopped getting alerts. Apparently, they went directly from the distribution center in Knoxville to my doorstep in Ft. Lauderdale without changing hands once! No alerts for 5-6 days straight until I was told it was getting dropped off in a few hours.

Sounds about right on delivery speed....I finally received and important letter from 6 1/2 hours driving time away. It took ten days. USPS should not be involved in shipping or elections.

I don't know all the facts of your case, but it's important to USPS only if you pay the "important" shipping costs. Otherwise, would you have delivered a letter 6.5 hours away for 55 cents?

Is a joke. I ordered a pedal on 12/7. I ordered from a nearby retailer because I thought I'd get it quickly. The retailer is roughly 100 miles away and, according to Google maps, less than a two-hour drive.

Here it is a week later and it still hasn't arrived. Took five days just to get to the local hub. Had I known the seller was going to use USPS I would've just ordered from Sweetwater.
HA, I can top that... sent a certified letter in July. From Burlington NJ to Philly, a 25 minute drive. Still hasn't arrived. They can't even tell me where it is and won't issue a refund. Not about the money, it's the principal.

My wife returned a pair of $200 boots to LL Bean via USPS in Sept. They've disappeared as well. Customer service at LL Bean was awesome though. They issued the credit anyway.

I don't know all the facts of your case, but it's important to USPS only if you pay the "important" shipping costs. Otherwise, would you have delivered a letter 6.5 hours away for 55 cents?
Not so, check out my post right after yours.

That is not the point. The sender chose USPS. US residents pay taxes to pay for a USPS. USPS is overworked, understaffed, outdated, abused and taken advantage of by larger shipping companies.

Were you sending it to Kentucky? https://www.cbsnews.com/news/usps-postal-service-employee-charged-throwing-mail-dumpster-absentee-ballots/ ;)
Definitely is a failure on their part that certified mail cannot be traced. They're probably waiting out a refund hoping it turns up and the can deliver it.

I know it sucks waiting for something you're anticipating, but guys, put things into perspective, USPS delivers 472 000 000 pieces of mail every day. Sometimes there are delays, sometimes things get lost. If they deliver those 472 000 000 pieces of mail with 99.9999% accuracy then 42 700 pieces of mail did not get delivered!

Last edited:
[...] USPS is overworked, understaffed, outdated, abused and taken advantage of by larger shipping companies.
Absolutely!

That is not the point. The sender chose USPS. US residents pay taxes to pay for a USPS.
What I was implying is that USPS did not open the letter, read it, and determine it's importance. If it was important to you it may not have been important for the sender to pay for USPS Priority Mail Express.

Sounds about right on delivery speed....I finally received and important letter from 6 1/2 hours driving time away. It took ten days. USPS should not be involved in shipping or elections.

Ahh, it's just poor management. Pretty-much to be expected considering.. Besides. We can’t have it all. Twenty bucks to send a letter via UPS Express Mail over a distance of 60 miles!! ...twenty-bucks to send a Christmas card sixty miles!!! ..Two day delivery. Sixty-miles. Twenty-bucks.. Insured for the four-hundred bucks in that card, $24.00.. ;0)

It's the most wonderful time of the year. And, for some reason, some genius thought it smart to put an idiot in charge of the post office when it was going to be the busiest it will ever be in four-whole-years..

Let's all practice (or at-least pretend) a little acceptance for the predictable delays of putting said unqualified idiot in charge then. Hopefully it's an issue that can be rectified here, pretty-quick.

But, until then.. A little acceptance might be in order.

Back
Top Bottom