Using the Axe Fx to droptune your guitar?

saxxamafone said:
i tried doing this last night
used preset 23 drop tune as a starting point

dropped from C# to B using the axe
didn't sound too bad

anyone got any tips for best results?

Experiment w/ placement before the amp and between the amp and cab see which one you like better.
For low shift values (1/2 or whole step) use lower tracking values (less than 2)
Poly local will probably sound better but increase latency.
If you don't use poly local use the global and turn pitch tracking off or the chords will warble.

I just tested the Morpheus.
It has like 13ms of latency which I definitely feel when I'm playing.
Soundquality is quite good, but I think I'll send it back...

It's also quite big and needs 12V/500mA so it won't work with my PP2+...

I'm going to test what the Ultra can do for droptuning, also my Tonelab SE (which I use for some smaller shows)...

fremen said:
Check this video for some -3 half steps detuning, starting at 5:00 approx :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAFdmrmmOYM&fmt=18
this was done with a Standard. I think the pitch shifter have been slightly improved since I recorded this

That was fantastic! Sounds better than the demo clips of the Morpheus from the review someone posted in this thread.

Also, your Axe tones sounded great! Were you guitar cab/poweramp or FRFR? And how did you record?

The Shredding Hand said:
Also, your Axe tones sounded great! Were you guitar cab/poweramp or FRFR? And how did you record?
FRFR ; I don't have any personal amplification equipment, I plug straight in my souncard's line in, and my computer is connected to my 25+ years old 2x20 watts hifi amp :mrgreen: guess I'm used to its sound, so my presets translate well on any FRFR system

merlin17 said:
I just tested the Morpheus.
It has like 13ms of latency which I definitely feel when I'm playing.
Soundquality is quite good, but I think I'll send it back...

It's also quite big and needs 12V/500mA so it won't work with my PP2+...

I'm going to test what the Ultra can do for droptuning, also my Tonelab SE (which I use for some smaller shows)...

let us know your results!
intersted to hear axefx vs morpheus reviews

Hi Guys,

Newbie here, just wanted to say that this topic has cleared the last hurdle in me getting an Axe-Fx!

I currently have a Vox Tonelab SE and a Roland VG-88 which I use for a few songs we do tuned down (half-step and full-step mostly).
I was a little bit reluctant to start carrying more guitars to gigs, but since the Axe-Fx can tune down!!!!!!!! Where's my credit card!! :twisted:

Many Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom