using Ernie ball Volume pedal like expression ..why doesn't

simbiosi

Hi

I would like to use a Ernie ball Volume pedal Jr as an Expression pedal.
I plugged it on the rear jack on the axe fx , I have set the pedal on I/O page ( CTRL )
and I have calibrate the pedal ..but .. it doesn't work !!
Why ??
Someone can help me ?
thank you very much.

Re: using Ernie ball Volume pedal like expression ..why does

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can use a standard volume pedal to plug into the "Pedal" inputs in the rear. Those are intended to be used for expression pedals, with a tip-ring-sleeve jack. The manual says:

PEDAL
Connect your expression pedals and/or footswitches here.
Each jack is a ¼" stereo jack capable of supporting an expression pedal or a footswitch (either momentary or latching).
When connecting an expression pedal, the pedal data can be used to control various parameters continuously such as volume, rate, drive, etc.
A footswitch would normally be used to control bypass or preset recall

My EB VP JR worked fine as an expression pedal. Use a 2x mono > 1x stereo cable. If it's not working okay, switch the left and right mono jacks.

I use 2 EB Jr's for expression and they work fine. You will need a stereo "Y" or "insert" cable to connect them properly.

You will need a stereo "Y" or "insert" cable to connect them properly.
I use 2 EB Jr's for expression and they work fine. You will need a stereo "Y" or "insert" cable to connect them properly.

Can you explain to me ?? which kind of cable I need ?
do you have a link so I can see the cable ??
Thanks a lot

How can I plug this cable ??

stereo cable in the axe fx and the other twos in the in and out of Ernie ball ?

that is correct.one in the input and one in the output and stereo in the ax fx.

Hello,

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but I just bought a Hosa 1x TRS to 2 x TRS cable to try out with my EB VP Jr.

Is this cable going to work, or do I really need a 1 x TRS to 2 x mono cable?

Thanks,

Jason

jappy said:
Hello,

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but I just bought a Hosa 1x TRS to 2 x TRS cable to try out with my EB VP Jr.

Thanks,

Jason

You need 1xTRS to 2xTS (mono) cables. One tip from the two mono cables need to end at the tip on the TRS end. The other end at the ring. Otherwise it won´t work.

/Mike

miketheman said:
jappy said:
Hello,

You need 1xTRS to 2xTS (mono) cables.
These are commonly called "Insert Cables".

miketheman said:
You need 1xTRS to 2xTS (mono) cables. One tip from the two mono cables need to end at the tip on the TRS end. The other end at the ring. Otherwise it won´t work.
/Mike
This type of cable is commonly called an "INSERT" cable. Their original use was to go from the insert jack (stereo/TRS) on the back of a mixing console into an effect unit. One of the (mono/TS) jacks went to the INPUT side, the other went to the OUTPUT side of the device. This provided a signal path circuit/loop on a single cable.

I own a number of these - and would highly recommend ANY of the gear available from the site. The price/quality ratio is EXCELLENT.
http://www.audiopile.net/products/Patch ... heet.shtml

Back
Top Bottom