Use Axe-Fx like Torpedo?

DarrenD

I have been interested in that new cab emulator from Two Note called the Torpedo, and was wondering if it would be possible for me to just use my Axe Ultra or II the same way with my Tube Amps? I was thinking I could just purchase the JDX from Radial for the Load & Line Out to the Fractal running cabs only direct? If so, that would be way cool! I'd much rather spend $200 than $2000 and get yet another amazing use from my Fractal Gear!

Thanks,
-d

I use the slave out of my Mesa Mark V into the Axe FX cabs whenever I use the mesa. Get yourself a load box, and then you'd be 100% good to use any impulses you have on your axe or computer!

hmmmmm.... sounds like a plan!! Can anybody recommend some good worthy load boxes? Im thinking of buying a tube amp in the near future to go with the AXE2

before buying a tube amp try the axe with a poweramp on a real cab and u might want to cancel your plan buying a tube amp ;)

I'd wait for the badcat unleash and then have an inexpensive reactive load that also has multiple other uses.

Aracom Attenuator! It works well as a dummy load also . I tried them all and this one is the best one !

I have a Faustine Phantom. Doesn't change the tone as much as the others I've tried. Hard to find though.

I actually have a design for a load box that emulates the "lossy inductance" of a voice coil but never got around to building it. Most load boxes using a simple shelving filter approximation.

I actually have a design for a load box that emulates the "lossy inductance" of a voice coil but never got around to building it. Most load boxes using a simple shelving filter approximation.

The guy from Aracom built a dummy load with switchable inductance. It's prototype it a 4 way dummy load so I can use 4 amps and switch between them. It sounds incredible, much better than the Palmer, Groove Tube speaker simulator and 2 Metaltronix and I owned all of them. With the inductance switched on, it sounds much better.

i used at one point my old elevenrack as a speaker simulator for my triaxis and quad preamp- i'm sure the axe would work the same and do it 10000x better

Back
Top Bottom