USB Audio Drop - Axe-Fx3-Mk2.

Hello Experts

I am using the Axefx-3-Mkii for my audio playback needs. I am using the latest driver 1.550 and Windows 11 H2 release. However, when I play some songs using Media Player every 5 minutes the audio would disappear for like 2 minutes.

I have tried to tweak the buffer sizes but no change and the behaviour continues.

One thing I do to bring audio back immediately is to uncheck "safe mode" and then recheck it.

Is anyone experiencing the same ? It really has been an annoyance for months now. I am using the latest USB firmware 1.14 as well.

So I downgraded to the USB Firmware v1.11 release and in the last 5 minutes of testing it has been stable. So hope it helps anyone else. Not sure why this regression happened though. I feel the sound quality is better with the 1.11 version as well but it may just be a placebo effect.

Hi everyone, I have an Axe Fx3 Mk2 Turbo and I also have problems with audio mute with firmware 1.14, I have to uncheck safe mode and put it back.
And I have no indication of audio buffer in the I/O Audio menu of the device?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

"Sorry for my bad English"

PS: I am under Win10 22H2

Last edited:
Its happening all the time with my unit. I cant rely on it being the audio interface. The only fix i got is to turn the axe fx off and on again. Noting else helps. Today it has happened about 20 times i a timespan of 8 hours. I need to get another soundcard.

Its happening all the time with my unit. I cant rely on it being the audio interface. The only fix i got is to turn the axe fx off and on again. Noting else helps. Today it has happened about 20 times i a timespan of 8 hours. I need to get another soundcard.
Try taking the USB firmware down to 1.11 That will fix that issue. You will most likely need to re-aline the audio since the delay with the DAW will not automatically fix the delay with version 1.11
This should be a temporary fix as Amandio has mentioned a few times that he is looking into it.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/usb-firmware-v-1-14-release.185295/

A couple of people have reported success using a usb cable with a ferrite ring and avoiding a long cable. Others have reported that using a powered hub helps.

I noticed it happens to me whenever there is the smallest fluctuation of power to my laptop. Turning on a desklamp can be enough or my mini fridge kicking in. Try using a power group that is as exclusive for your axe and laptop/pc or other gear as possible.

I noticed it happens to me whenever there is the smallest fluctuation of power to my laptop. Turning on a desklamp can be enough or my mini fridge kicking in. Try using a power group that is as exclusive for your axe and laptop/pc or other gear as possible.
I will try that. But why is this happening with the fractal. I got an Universal Audio Apollo Twin that is super stable and have been for years. Never had issues with it. I could use that, but it lack the IO capabilities. And i want the fractal to work. But paying for an electrician.. im not so keen doing just that. Spent enough as it is.
Worth mentioning, i use a power conditioner with the axe

A couple of people have reported success using a usb cable with a ferrite ring and avoiding a long cable. Others have reported that using a powered hub helps.
Ive tried just about every usb cable up for sale in my city. But thank you for suggesting. Do you by any chance got a link to something?

Back
Top Bottom