updating to cygnus - I know i'm late

Stratopack

Hey there - I know I'm late... :fearscream:
But in the beginning I heard a lot about different volume levels after updating to cygnus. Not all amps were perfectly updated..., some presets are not sounding well after it... and so on.
So - because i have spend weeks for adjusting levels and make my Shows with different Bands perfect - and spending ages to create 20 sounds for a new band.... I really was afraid that all my work has to be renewed after updating.

So here's my question - are these issues solved? Can i update to the newest version without the need to adjust everey preset?
awaiting your thoughts :sweatsmile:🙏

All issues were solved.

Just try it! It is reversible. But do not forget to backup all your presets before upgrading.

Did you modify advanced parameters at the Amp Block of your presets? If you did, I would recommend FracTool for resetting the amp blocks after the upgrade, because it has an option to select which parameters you do not want to reset.

All issues were solved.

Just try it! It is reversible. But do not forget to backup all your presets before upgrading.

Did you modify advanced parameters at the Amp Block of your presets? If you did, I would recommend FracTool for resetting the amp blocks after the upgrade, because it has an option to select which parameters you do not want to reset.
Thanks a lot - regarding advanced parameters.... I wish I could remember that for all presets 😅

Updated mine will little to no tweak from previous firmware. But I don't know what FW you are coming from, nor the blocks used....so hard to say whether you will have to tweak a lot or not. Sounds great though and not BS at all. Real solid improvement in modeling.

Thanks a lot - regarding advanced parameters.... I wish I could remember that for all presets 😅
At least, select to maintain Gain/Bass/Mid/Treb/Master and the Output Equalizer (e.g.: Mesa 5-Band equalizer)

Here is a screen-capture with the parameters that I keep untouched
2021-08-30 16_32_37-FracTool.png
2021-08-30 16_33_07-FracTool.png
2021-08-30 16_33_27-FracTool.png
2021-08-30 16_33_41-FracTool.png
2021-08-30 16_34_15-FracTool.png

Last edited:
As was mentioned, back up your unit. If you dont like it, roll back to the one that works.

I was in the same boat and eventually took the plunge and found I didn't really need to do anything to any of my presets. Unless you reset the amp block in existing presets, you really shouldn't need to do much tweaking if any. Once you install the FW and reboot your Axe III, the amps will be updated to Cygnus.

After a couple of weeks on Cygnus I made copies of a couple of presets, reset the amps and started from scratch. Once I dialed them in, there was hardly any difference between the new presets and the original.

Thanks a lot for your answers - so I'll try it so far I get more than one week off without gigs. Dont want to do that when I'm in a hurry. But at least I want to do the FW upgrade - sound like it's worth it... :grin:

Not all amps were perfectly updated
This has not been my experience, with one exception being Dizzy Silver Ch 3 which has had the "sounds like a blanket over it" issue since the betas. All the other models match up with expectations you would have of their real world counterparts.

16.05 has been out for 2 months now. I think it's safe to say that its stable.

Definitely recommend updating Cyngus was the best update ever released imo.
You'll wanna start your amps from scratch likely though.

Back
Top Bottom