Updating firmware to v6.0 from v3

Aceshighhhh

Inspired
Would it be possible to update my Axe to v6.0(when it releases) straight from v3 or will I have to update to each of the firmwares following v3 consecutively first?

I couldn't find an answer to this from the search and definitely don't want any problems to arise from updating:shock

You can go right to V6.

You can go to any version at any time. The only impact is how your Presets will now sound on the version you have loaded.

Pretty sure that if there is a need to do incremental updates that it will be in the release notes, but the last time I can recall that ever being the case was with the Ultra a few years ago when the MIDI ID was changed and it wouldn't update properly without one of the in between versions being installed first.

I'd say that its pretty unlikely it'll be an issue.

I think, it's no problem, but you also have to load the new factory presets into the AXE after the firmware updade.

Well.. you have between now and possibly Monday. Why not just upgrade to 5.07 and not lose any sleep over it?

You can go right to V6.

You can go to any version at any time. The only impact is how your Presets will now sound on the version you have loaded.
True.. but there's often new parameters added to the amp or effect blocks, so going BACK to an earlier firmware will cause new presets to lose those features at best, or at worst, not work.

Pretty sure that if there is a need to do incremental updates that it will be in the release notes, but the last time I can recall that ever being the case was with the Ultra a few years ago when the MIDI ID was changed and it wouldn't update properly without one of the in between versions being installed first.

I'd say that its pretty unlikely it'll be an issue.
Have not seen an incremental firmware upgrade in the 2+ yrs I've been doing them.

I think, it's no problem, but you also have to load the new factory presets into the AXE after the firmware updade.
It's not a problem, and you do NOT HAVE to load the new factory banks.. only if you want to and if you do, make sure you backup all your own presets if you go down that path.

Not only can you go straight from V3 to V6, you can go from V6 to V3. There are three pieces of advice I would offer:

1. Back up your patches before updating firmware
  2. Back up your patches before updating firmware
  3. Back up your patches before updating firmware

Dude totally forgot to suggest to backup your patches before updating firmware. Can't believe you left that out.

Not only can you go straight from V3 to V6, you can go from V6 to V3. There are three pieces of advice I would offer:
  1. Back up your patches before updating firmware
  2. Back up your patches before updating firmware
  3. Back up your patches before updating firmware

What he said.

Read it three times too. :D

Back
Top Bottom